Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Self seeded swim starts are great!!
Quote | Reply
I just got back from the SF Triathlon. This was the first race I've done that was not age group assigned swim waves. I could have started in the 2'nd wave but I was feeling off so I went with the third [60 person waves]. we had 3 min intervals and we were swiming into the incoming tide as we headed towards the Golden Gate. It was nice having clear water for once, which as a 46 year old I don' usually see. After settling in and fighting off a leg cramp I caught and passed most of the 2nd wave. this is the first time I have ever really enjoyed the swim, I didn't get run over or have to climb over the top of anyone. If you ask me this is the only way to go. I
had a good swim and run too, I had to leave before most of the field was done [need to go to work] so I don't know the final results but based on last years finishes my time would have been good enough for top 10 in my age group [I bet the Tri Gods slap me upside the head for writing that]. Fun Sprint Race , just what I needed to snap me out of training burnout...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply