Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd you do: July 25
Quote | Reply
How was it?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do: July 25 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eating goal was no sugar; did rotten. Not bingeing too much but still eating sugar. 5/7 I guess.

Training goals were 5k, 100 mi, 40 mi. Had 6.4k, 83 mi, 40 mi.

M – 2.25 mi run + 3000 yd swim
T – 11 mi run
W – 6.6 mi run + 16 mi bike
T – 33 mi bike + 6 mi run
F – 10 mi run
S – 34 mi bike
S – 7 mi run + 3400 yd swim (also did hip exercises)

IT band is bugging me a bit so this week probably riding and running less but swimming more. I'll come back later with more specific goals.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jul 25, 11 2:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim in an outdoor pool (done; just got back), the elora quarry and in belwood lake for the sprint tri relay on sunday: WIN
- ride my mountain bike on the elora cataract trailway: WIN
- go tubing down the river through the elora gorge: WIN
- hike some trail around the gorge: WIN
- run some, including the sprint tri relay sunday: WIN, though i only ran in the race on sunday ;)
- spend as much time as humanly possible hanging out in a bikini, just 'cause i can: HUGE WIN

apparently, a week of drinking and zero workouts has very little impact on my run, but makes me swim even slower than usual :p

this week's goals (back to business):
- 4 run
- 3 bike
- 3 swim
- 4 core/strength/rehab
- stop eating crap and boozing!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week's goals: 10 weeks until marathon - get running missy!
Mon thru Fri: Ride to and from work 4x (if not 5x), just not so HARD CORE (i.e.: take it a bit easier and spin more); Run ez every day (either in the morning with the dog or at lunch). => small "D" done - I only missed one lunchtime run and rode 4x, felt a LOT better while running.
St: Chill with K (she's going off camping for ~8 days) => DONE ;-)
Sn: Long run, aim for 22-25k steady. => FAIL, only managed 12k (bear scat on trail + nervous dog + day 1 of cycle = shortened run). But I felt good, so that's ok... ;-)

This week: 9 weeks to go til Marathon!
Mon thru Fri: Run 4x at lunch and Ride 4x to and from work.
Sat: Long run - 20-22k
Sun: Optional anything, easy run or mtb or both or nothing! ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran....5 days? Wanted to run 6. One on 'trail' (rail trail).

Ran in one of the hottest days Toronto has ever seen - couldn't resist. Felt good until 20 min. after the run, when I felt a bit sick.

Am focusing on running right now, in prep for an upcoming trail run a few weeks from now maybe (eep) if the wolf not scared of people in the area is dealt with and weather cooperates....the wolf makes me a bit nervous, as it's been approaching people and stalked a large (but injured) dog.

This week: Run 6 days, once on real trail. Get in a good long run (not jinxing myself on distance, but will report back) and just keep on being consistent.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do: July 25 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies.
I thought I'd join the fun.
I was training for a fall marathon, when an achilles issues popped up and running is now on back burner. So 12 weeks out, I decided to jump into Redman.
Last week went ok. Did what I wanted on Bike and run. ( 120 and 42), but my pool was closed for the week and I really need the swimming.
This week's goals are to swim 3 x 3000. Let me just say. I hate swimming. So wish me luck.

What is everyone else training for? I would love to cheer you on via internet.

Nancy
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do: July 25 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome!

I am not training for anything in particular. I just like training :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Join on in - the more the merrier! I only have ONE race left this year, a marathon in late Sept - my attempt to BQ. No clue if I can do it although McMillan says I should be able to! ha! ;-)

Welcome!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
welcome! :)

i've got a few odds and ends left for the season; just trying to work out schedules and come up with race fees for some of them. already registered for an off-road tri on aug 28th and an olympic on sep 18th, but also looking at a 25k trail race on oct 1st, a half marathon on oct 23rd and maybe a trail ultra (6hr) on oct 29th. hoping i don't miss out on the cyclocross action this year, too!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Hi!

After all the great advice re: Why am I so slow on the bike?, I took you up on most of it. I rode FIVE times last week ... all quality rides!!! I made riding strong (but not my hardest) a focus on every ride and attacked all small hills. I ignored my computer on most rides but I looked at my avg after one two hour session: 23kmh. I don't know that I'm doing that all the time but - huge improvement over the 18.5 kmh from a couple of weeks ago!

Keeping at it!!!

Oh, yeah, I also swam, ran and hiked with my border collie.
Quote Reply