Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by FujiSpeed
Re: Women's vs Men's bibs...does it really matter? [FujiSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried it, and it's not. The pad's a different shape, and the bib straps aren't cut for women, so they'll try to sit right over your boobs.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a pair of men's LG bibs. yeah, the straps do sit over my boobs, but it's not a big deal; i still like and wear them.

as for the pad being a different shape, well...i have 3 different pairs of bibs from 3 different manufacturers (2 women's, 1 men's); all 3 of them have different pad shapes!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
what brand?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like men's bibs because they're narrower in the hips and women's specific cuts tend to be baggy on my (non-)hips. I like women's bibs because the inseam is usually shorter and they're less tight around the thighs. I don't find I ever notice the strap position.
Quote Reply
Re: Women's vs Men's bibs...does it really matter? [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
girodana
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up buying a pair of men's LG bibs at Performance after trying on a couple of pairs of women-specific ones. As others have said, the straps do go over your boobs, but I haven't noticed them while riding. The pad on mine is thinner and less bulky than the female ones I tried on, which is my preference but YMMV. These are my first bib shorts and I LOVE them, especially for aero position riding. It's so nice not having to think about the jersey riding up and getting a sunburn on my lower back.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry don't have experience with that brand. Some men's brands work fine for me, others are horrible. Some women's shorts are pretty horrible too. It's pretty individual.

Buy 'em and send them back or sell them to someone else if they are such a good deal.

The men's generally though will have longer legs, a thinner longer pad and nonstrategic placement of bibs. If you're not large-chested you probably won't care too much about the latter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only buy men's as the $$ and avail/selection is always better, my faves are the deSoto 400mi bibshorts (men's XS). mmmmm. I have never had an issue with the straps. I remember trying on a women's specific pair a few years ago, that had the straps come through the centre, with a little clip to hold them there. It was just stupid and made no sense to me, and they were $50 more than the men's so I skipped them.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have several men's bibs - and they are fine. Capo and Castelli anyway....

in fact our new team kits, made by ChampSys, they changed the women's bibs pad and they are AWFUL - like having a stiff book that rides up your ass and hurts your bits. one of my teammates wrote this poem about it:

My dear little Chammy, I gave you a chance,
This morning’s the last time you go in my pants.
To wear you again, I am no longer able,
The thought of you makes my vagina unstable.

Your “padding” is more like a doorstopper wedge,
that “excess” in front puts me over the edge.
No coverage in back? You’re making me sore!
I’m banishing you to the trash heretofore.

Find me the Chammy that always takes pride
in that special rapport with the female backside.
‘Till then I will cringe every time I enrobe,
our bibs which encompass the largest butt probe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking this question!!

I have been wanting to go to bibs for awhile esp this up coming winter (we will be in DC) and bib tights just seem so much warmer than the gap between my tights and my top.... I actually started wearing Nike base layers last year to prevent this and ended up too hot at times.

My husband always says that nothing beats a well fitting pair of bibs ... of the ones I have tried so far I like the Sugoi men's bibs they are reasonably priced and the pad in the M-XS is about the same as my women's Sugoi shorts and the fact that they're cheaper than the women's is a big help too.

I am also really thin hipped so the men's tend to fit me better around the hip than the fuller cut women's that tend to pucker on me.

I am an avid cyclist who is also the co-owner and buyer for Low Country Multisport a performance specific F.I.S.T. certified fit studio and repair shop in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina. And, I just happen to be married to a retired Marine who is completely addicted to the iron distance. "lord help my wallet!!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Yes they actually do matter. There are now many manufacturers making a womens specific bib. The main difference is in the shape of the chamois(crucial contact points), but theyre also cut different in material areas(guys and girls are shaped different) for a reason. Try to stick with womens bibs if at all possible. I know there's a lot or resistance to bibs from the ladies like "what about when I have to go to the bathroom", but the bibs will stay in place(less movement means less chaffing) and in general be more secure.
Try to find Pactimo as they make a womens specific bib. Don't forget a chamois cream too...HooHa Ride Glide is made by and for ladies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's about whether they fit you and are comfortable. If yes, go for it. If no, don't.
Quote Reply