Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Taking care of urself----skin cancer
Quote | Reply
Hey there people---I just had a mole removed cause it showed symptoms of skin cancer. Make sure you guys keep an eye out for yourself if you have any moles, if any pop up and your over 25 or so, i was told that the risk of skin cancer is even greater. Its best to have a dermatologist check you at least once a yr, but if you're not going to do that, read up on the warning signs and have a spouse, girlfriend whomever check you.

heres a website:

http://www.saintvincentsnyc.org/...skincancer/moles.asp

Take care

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Taking care of urself----skin cancer [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not a joke, excellent advice. i was 25 when i had a basal cell carcinoma (one of the slowest moving, benign forms of skin cancer) removed from my left temple. the first dermatologist i showed it to said it was nothing and to not worry about it. a year later a cycling magazine ran a feature on skin cancer and one of the pictures looked exactly like my funny looking mole (a translucent flesh colored bump). i went for a second opinion, had a biopsy, then 2 weeks later, had it removed completely. it has never recurred, but i keep a real close eye on things and wear lots of sunscreen or a hat when i'm out training.

- The Who
Quote Reply