Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trisuit for my wife recommendations?
Quote | Reply
My wife is doing her first tri and she wants a trisuit, any recommendations that are fairly inexpensive? Should I try and get one with built in support? I was think maybe the desoto ITU or Orca Core, both are around $100.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit for my wife recommendations? [Fast&Crooked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what does SHE want and find comfortable? that's the most important part.

see if you can go to a shop and try on a few different ones.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
 If she wears a jog bra to run in, then she'll want something similar for a triathlon. The bra also serves well as a holder for ice on a hot day.

If the inexpensive trisuit doesn't have an incorporated bra, then wearing a jog bra underneath will be the base layer. Just be sure she doesn't wear panties as an undergarment.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit for my wife recommendations? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:

see if you can go to a shop and try on a few different ones.

cheers!

-mistress k

I can't second this enough. Everyone's different, so it's all about what's comfortable for her. Trying on a few and moving around while wearing them is key.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit for my wife recommendations? [Fast&Crooked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I struggled with this when I first started. My concern was about having a trisuit that didn't create drag during the swim as I was not going to swim in a wetsuit. I ended up with an orca one-piece trisuit but I had to go to a shop to convince myself on what to wear.

Now I race in shorts and a tri top because I also swim in a wetsuit and I am not concerned about drag. 2 pieces allow for ez access to restroom if needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit for my wife recommendations? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:

see if you can go to a shop and try on a few different ones. cheers! -mistress k

Yeah I have to totally agree with MK ... Being I am a girl that is long torsoed but short waisted... I wouldn't know what I wanted until I went and tried stuff on... one piece, two piece... skirt, short or singlet... she's not going to know till she tries them.

~LBB

I am an avid cyclist who is also the co-owner and buyer for Low Country Multisport a performance specific F.I.S.T. certified fit studio and repair shop in the beautiful Lowcountry of South Carolina. And, I just happen to be married to a retired Marine who is completely addicted to the iron distance. "lord help my wallet!!"
Last edited by: lilbluebirds: Jul 21, 11 5:58
Quote Reply