Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sorry Gerard...
Quote | Reply
ever since the team csc deal was announced for you, within the ranks of the road cycling community cervelo seems to have had the momentum of a freight train. actually for the keener eye it started when jalabert was spotted on a stealth p3.

obviously, the real blow that was dealt from the crash today was taken by the guys that are out of the race, but one of my immediate reactions was sorry for cervelo. csc has had a great season, but it would have been nice to see cervelo on a jersey on the podium at tdf.

it has been just as fun watching gerard's success as it has tyler's, and i'm sure it will continue regardless of tyler's dnf this year. after all, i see the cervelo name splattered everywhere now, including the wins this year already. it's nice to see good fortune fall on a fellow slowtwitcher.

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day - Homer Simpson
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry Gerard... [TheMonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but no reason to feel sorry for me. I just feel so bad for Tyler, he honestly is one of the nicest athletes I have ever met, such a modest, unassuming guy and such a genuine person. And although everybody was keeping expectations low, the team felt he was ready to do something special this year.

But good things will come out of this, for Tyler and for the team. All the guys worked meticulously towards this Tour, and if Carlos Sastre can clear his mind (he and Tyler are close friends so no doubt he is hurt too) this will still be a beautiful Tour. Plus with CSC renewed for two years, I think all these guys will stay together and show the world a thing or two in next year's Tour.

Or who knows, they may be stapling him back together right now and he may grace the start line tomorrow. If anybody, then Tyler.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply