Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

AndyPants, the drought ends tonight!
Quote | Reply
But will it be the end to 39 or 40 years?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: AndyPants, the drought ends tonight! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AP, I understand. No need to chime in. OUCH! Bet your beer is saltier than the ocean today.

Quote Reply
Re: AndyPants, the drought ends tonight! [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man oh man, I am not surprised at the outcome of the game and series... and Boston totally deserved to win (go Lucic! yay!) but I am so pissed off right now at the non-fan anarchist jackasses who, like the cowards they truly are, cover their faces and think it's a-ok to just act like that. The saving grace is that there are TONS of cameras there, and I really hope the VPD and the city pursue all offenders.

How on earth do I explain this to my 7yo?

What is wrong with people?

This is the kind of shit that makes me want to become a hermit.

Sigh.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: AndyPants, the drought ends tonight! [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I know that hermit feeling.

Seven year olds have the capacity to understand that some people do very stupid things.

But if I were the NHL, I would sure think twice about ever letting Vancouver playing in the finals again. The riot tradition is not pretty for the city or the sport.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was sad to see-but I think its fantastic that so many have volunteered to clean up. Ihope they catch a lot of these people as there are so many pics out there
Quote Reply
Re: AndyPants, the drought ends tonight! [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too, the VPD has asked for video and pics from any and all bystanders, and there are so many CCTV cameras downtown.... The premier has vowed to make any and all names very public - imagine finding out one of those jackasses works for you? or was your neighbour?

Update: apparently already 100 arrested.

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched some of the carnage from Fort McMurray. It was brutal to see what transpired last night, obviously, and I won't wax on about that. I lived in Vancouver for 15 years before moving here, and I consider it and Nanaimo my other homes. We own a place near Homer and Nelson. I am not ashamed of Vancouver. I have a very real and visceral hate for those that took part in the violence and destruction, however.

This brightens my day somewhat.

http://www.vancouversun.com/...a/4958109/story.html
Quote Reply
Re: AndyPants, the drought ends tonight! [jimmy d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's great to see how many people are stepping up to do something about this. I loved hearing about all the positive messages being written on the plywood boards covering the busted windows. Stuff like that makes it a little bit better.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply