Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

that french bicycle thingy
Quote | Reply
is one of the major networks covering the tour this year? is there a schedule?

is anyone taping all the oln coverage? anyone going to sale copies?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: that french bicycle thingy [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, OLN is covering the tour. I don't know if you consider them a major network. Last year I think they had about 1.5 hours a day, and aired it twice daily. Pretty good coverage, Phil Leggett is probably the best announcer in any sport out there right now. Of course your penance is having to watch Bob Roll's forced hand gestures.

Note to Bob: You're not a bad announcer, but forget everything they told you at the Football Announcer's Clinic you went to. The hand gestures aren't helping!

The problem, as noted in a couple of other threads on this forum, is that OLN is only provided on some cable systems. It is notably missing from Comcast's roster of channels. So if you don't have OLN, you'll have to read about it. If you do, check out olntv.com for schedules.

Last year I used bicycling.com and one other site(I think it was letour.com) for live updates throughout the day. I think that bicycling.com offered the most reliable coverage. Letour.com didn't update regularly, and was overloaded a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: that french bicycle thingy [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe NBC will air stages on Saturday, but am not positive.

Also, you can listen to OLN's live coverage here... http://tdf.olntv.com/, if you don't get OLN through your cable provider (or are at work like me)!!

Reach for what you cannot.

-Percy Cerruty
Quote Reply
Re: that french bicycle thingy [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just as an interesting aside on mr roll - he has a book , available from velopress i believe, which is very entertaining. highly recommended ! in it he describes varied and colorful anacdotes from his road and mt bike career - including taking a " massive do" in the middle of french garden party during the TDF, getting in a german mt bike pro's face, all nioters in the car driving from veneue to venue trying t make a living in a sport that he gave his best years to even as those he supported are off living the sweet life in tuscany, and on and on. a very enjoyable slice of not quite ready for prime time life from a guy who is cooler than you or i will ever be. get it, and you will think differently of mr roll one way or the other, i bet.
Last edited by: t-t-n: Jul 4, 03 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: that french bicycle thingy [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You aren't the only one who thinks Bob Roll is out of hand:

From Phil Liggett's page on olntv.com:

"OLN will have a feast of coverage for you, so enjoy it with us. I will ask Paul Sherwen to keep control of Bob Roll and, if he succeeds, we will all have a great Tour!"

Well put, Phil.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply
Re: that french bicycle thingy [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't misunderstand me, I like him just fine. It's just those massive arm gestures.

I'll check out that book. I'm always up for an entertaining read.

No one could ever be as cool as me. I'm so uncool that it's cool. Self-delusion: A key ingredient in healthy egos everywhere.

Quote Reply
Re: that french bicycle thingy [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI: The book you're talking about, Bobke, is out of print, but a sequel, Bobke II is coming available now.

Quote Reply
Re: that french bicycle thingy [TexRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That looks promising. In a similar vein, eurosport.com has both live text coverags and live streaming audio.
Quote Reply