Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T1 Speed
Quote | Reply
Transitions are big areas of improvement for me. I have T2 down to the fastest it can but in T1, I can never find a nice technique to effectively get in the shoes on the bike. Also, I haven't found a way to keep the shoe upward so I can plant my foot on top and go. I've heard people use dental floss but how do you get that to work? Thanks for the help in advance. I've got the shimano tr-01's too.
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Speed [bigd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use rubber bands. Through the little loop on the back of the shoe then to the quick release or whatever will hold them. Feet on top of the shoe pedaling until I get rolling and feel comfortable putting my feet in then strap them in. The bands will pop are release from the rear quite easily. Basically for me T1 is not finished until I am sometimes a 1/4 to 1/2 mile into the bike route.
Quote Reply
Re: T1 Speed [bigd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use rubber bands. The ones that come on your morning paper should be perfect (15/16"). Once you get aboard, don't be in a hurry to put the shoes on. Use them like flat pedals and get a good head of steam going.

Not only does this get you up and running faster, but you can also run through the transition area faster in bare feet than on cleats.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply