Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lending money to family [irongirlk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, you gave him your bank information? Be sure he doesn't clear out the account. He strikes me as someone who is fundamentally dishonest so I wouldn't trust him with information that could get him access to my money. He can set up automatic payments to you via check through his bank.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>> except he would probably go ballistic if he finds out I told anybody about this and asked them to intervene. <<

Ballistic as in getting violent? Or ballistic as in just getting pissed.

If the first, more ammo for you and get the authorities involved. If the second, who cares?

Not to be harsh, but you need to stand up for yourself. Screw him, and screw anyone in your family who may be on his side. Now it's time for you to take care of yourself.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he would probably go ballistic if he finds out I told anybody about this and asked them to intervene.

He 's bullying you. I would ask him why he is upset. What did he expect to happen? If he had stuck to the agreement and paid you back you wouldn't have had to tell anyone. At this point it's his fault if others are pulled into this. Make this about him, not you. You're in the right; he is wrong. Definitley don't give him your bank info.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that any of my questios matter on why he NEEDS to pay you back-
1. 60g's is a lot of money. Unless you are worth $60 million. (I assume that you are not)
2. How is he related to you? Brother - Cousin - Uncle -Dad?
3. Did you just have $60k sitting around in a checking account? Did you need to sell stock or move some other investments? A very generous move on your part either way
4. Did you come upon some sort of windfall of cash? How in the heck does someone just ask for $60k? I guess if my sister won the lottery I might ask her to buy me something nice.
5. How long has he been divorced? I bet once the alimony is done he will need to pay for college - Get ready for a guilt trip on this one. I can pay you $600 a month or I can send Suzie to the State University. If I pay you then she will probably need to become a stripper to pay for tuition.

Okay - enough of my questions. Sounds like this guy is having some serious life troubles. Maybe he is hitting a rough patch right now and has every intention of paying you back. You really need to have a conversation about this. Regardless of your "flaws" - how is that an excuse to not pay you back.
Maybe you need to work something out where he pays you SOMETHING every month. Hell - even $100 is better than nothing and wil lkeep a family feud from happening.

What kind of job does he have? Is is salary consistent or does he earn commission or overtime? Does he invest in an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)? A 401K? A 529? Does he get a tax return every year? You need to find these things out and tell him that you expect that the contribution to ESPP and 401k will stop until he starts paying you. OR -If he has an ESPP - this might be a good way to get larger lump sums at certain times of the year. I know with my company- I am guaranteed at least a 15% return on my contributions every 6 months. (I can only contribute 10% of my gross).

The $1000 SCUBA vaction is BS. He probably paid for it with his credit card. If he uses credit cards for everything start asking him to buy your weekly groceries with his credit card.
Quote Reply
Re: Lending money to family [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try to talk with this peson an tell him that you need money and he should start paying you back have a clear chat with him this will help I guess all the best take care.

http://www.citycashloans.co.uk/faq.html | http://www.paydayloans300.co.uk/

Quote Reply

Prev Next