Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed Jet Deep in front?
Quote | Reply
I saw this listing on E-bay, and was curious about it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...3&category=36144

I thought HED didn't make 90s for front wheels because it was too much surface area for decent handling. Can someone enlighten me? I'm looking for an inexpensive (read, used) front tubular wheel, so it's more than a passing interest.

Thanks,

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet Deep in front? [dre125038] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HED has made Deep fronts for a long time. The wheel in question is made with structural carbon, the spokes attach to the carbon, as opposed to the Jet version that has a carbon fairing where the spokes attach to the al rim. This might make it a little heavier than a Jet wheel. As the auction says, this is a really fast wheel, if you can handle it. I have a Jet front, Jet Deep rear, and a Disc. I have always wanted to get a Deep front to round out my collection. Of course the release of the Hed3 has me debating between the two.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Jet Deep in front? [dre125038] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see a real use for the Jet Deep front. It is slower than a Hed 3 and would be harder to handle because of the large surface area. Maybe it would work for large riders, but the Zipp 404 is tough enough for me on a windy day.

I used to own a Jet Deep rear. Once I bought a disc wheel, I couldn't think of a race in which I wouldn't want to use the disc, but I would want to use the Deep. Kona is the obvious case since discs are not allowed, but I am not anticipating a trip there.
Quote Reply