Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike trainers under $300
Quote | Reply
So the forecast of rain 9 of the next 10 days has me looking at them. What y'all have? What y'all like? (and mine needs to work with 650 wheels)

In not so sunny Florida
Quote Reply
Re: Bike trainers under $300 [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of the 1upusa trainer http://www.1upusa.com/bike_trainer.html . It's now priced at $299 with free shipping. With a 60 day satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warantee, this purchase is a no brainer. You will never have to buy a replacement trainer. Their service is awsome too. It does fit 650c wheels too. It is more expensive than others but the warantee and service make it worth it. (Oh yea, it's silent and provides great resistance.)

(Not affiliated with 1upusa)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to second the 1up usa. I'm reluctant to give them the free product endorsement, but then again I'd hate to see you buy something you wouldn't want.

I've owned a bunch of indoor trainers and this is the best of them all. It is SOOOOOO quiet and smooth. You'll love it.

matt

"When I cleaned up my diction, I had nothing left to say" -- Van Morrison
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received a Kinetics trainer with the big flywheel as a gift last year from some tri buddies in NY state. I think they all got together and decided I needed some work. Not sure of the cost, but it's built well, adjustable, and so quite. At the time, they came with a Spinervals (sp) video, too. I know, just what you want to do in the summer is train in front of the VCR. I use it often during the season to get great uninterrupted specific workouts. Or while watching TDF coverage on OLN. Best of luck.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of my Kurt Kinetic trainer. I got the "Road King" version, which has a heavier flywheel on it than the std (6.25lbs vs 3lbs), as it was supposed to offer a more "road like" feel. I've not ridden the standard flywheel model for comparison, but I do like the feel of the bigger flywheel. The downside to the larger flywheel is that due to it's weight (and therefore greater inertia), it is nearly impossible to eliminate wheelslip when jumping for intervals. It isn't a big deal, but if you plan on doing a lot of interval work you may wish to consider the std model. The std model sells for $300, and the "Road King" for $340. You can buy it direct from the manufacturer, some LBS', and Tri-Zone stocks them as well. If you buy it from Tri-Zone they'll throw in a free Spinervals video.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my Tacx Cycleforce Swing trainer for a year-and-a-half, and I love it. It has 7 resistance levels for a great, variable workout, and it folds up nicely so I can take it on trips. Best of all, it's only about $180. I ordered mine from Excel.

http://www.tacx.nl/....cfm?l=en&id=100
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FL Jill...I'm another proud owner and fan of 1upUSA trainers. Super nice and fits my 650 wheel and any size for that matter. Check 'em out...oh yeah, I'm not sponsored by them and don't work for them either!

Joe
Quote Reply