Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri-shiorts recomendation
Quote | Reply
I can only find one brand here locally, and don't really like the way they fit. Since the only other option is to mail-order a pair....

Anyone got any recomendations on a good brand, that fit and wear well, at a reasonable cost?

Danke!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shiorts recomendation [Slider360] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite pair are the ones I bought from e-caps. They're Voler so you know they're good shorts and if you don't mind the e-caps logo, the price is really good too- tri and bike shorts are 34.95 and bibs are 39.

e-caps.com

buy some hammegel and perpetuem while you're there. No i don't work for them but their products work.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shiorts recomendation [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off on a tangent.

How do you like the Perpentum? How does it compare to Sustained Energy? I have had good results with SE and was thinking about trying Perpentum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Titan Wear shorts, very soft and comfortable, good grippy bands at the legs without cutting off your circulation or riding up. Titan also make nice swimsuits and other apparel. Their stuff is cheaper than some, without quality loss. They're on the web www.titanwear.com. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the DeSoto Tri-shorts. They are comfortable, fit under the wetsuit fine, and don't impede your legs when running. They dry pretty quick, or at least I don't notice when they are wet. The cycling pad is thin, but chafes less than my regular cycling shorts, because there are no leg bands to pull them down.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't go wrong with the DSS tri-shorts. They are built to last. I've got four or five pairs. A couple of the older pairs (2yrs+) have been used so much the stiching over the seams between the legs is completely gone but inside seams are holding great.

I got a pair of Sugoi tri-shorts as part of a team uniform. Also love'em.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've used the desoto power shorts for most of the last few years and they are good. but this weekend i tried out the sugoi version and liked them even better. probably can't go wrong with either one.

brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Years ago I forgot my run shorts for a race and bought some InSport tri shorts at the expo. 'bout 1994! Mid thigh length with leg grippers and a medium fleece pad. Not great for riding long distances (not over 40km in a race) but they dry fast and the soft pad is great for running. Without getting too personal, the fleece against the scrotum and perenium at the end of an Ironamn run (I change out of real bike shorts) is a distinct pleasure. The only problem is the (now) hideous colours, They used to be flouro orange, white side mesh and psychotic feathers of all things for a pattern. Luckily they have faded and now just look old. I've used them for 3 IM, 3 1/2 IM and a bunch of short races as well. They are well past their use by date but are just so damnded comfy. I wish I knew where to get a new pair.

TriDork

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shiorts recomendation [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perpetuem is AWESOME!! I just used it for the Tupper Lake 1/2IM. I had it for breakfast (as I usually do before early morning workouts) and then had 3 bottles of it on the bike as my only bike nutrition. Used Hammergel on the run. I highly recommend it. I think the only major advantage over SE is it has electrolytes. Try it.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shiorts recomendation [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cannondale's 2003 10 panel Velocity shorts. Sweet.

Go Big Red
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my Louis Garneau tri shorts and tri suit. They are comfortable and the material does not absorb much water. This has two advantages. (Stop reading now if you are sensitive.) The obvious advantage is it dries out quickly on the bike segment but the second advantage is that if nature calls you can pee right through it. They don't describe this feature on their web site, but I had to go in the middle of Eagleman and it seemed like the pee passed right through the material instead of dispersing along the leg. Also, the back pocket on the skinsuit is perfectly positioned and designed.

All in all I'd say the makers of the suit really thought about what was needed in triathlon race gear.

-Marc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did a half IM with them yesterday. Absolutly no problems and mucho comfort. Great shorts.

1*
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shiorts recomendation [rgr195] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last Christmas I got a De Soto Power Tri Short and I love it. I use it for most of my cycling and also sometimes for running (for example for my first Marathon this spring).
I have also two RNH Tri Short (long and short inseam). But I prefer the DSS shorts because of the better cycling pad and the thight fit (of the Lycra Power fabric). This years Power Tri Short is even better with a added 6" Liquid Mesh Lycra pocket on the right front panel. The power tri shorts cost $ 56.
And DeSoto has the best customer service I heard of.

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply