Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quote | Reply
There was a question about new DA on the 2004 P3, the problem is that 10-sp bar ends are available later than the other new DA parts. So for a few months we'll have a special version of the P3 available, in CSC colors and with Ultegra. After that we'll bring out the P3 with new DA.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Thanks Gerard! --NM-- [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: 2004 [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard, can you not substitute Campag 10 spd bar ends? I ask this in an attempt to join the warring factions in the "unholy war" between Campag & Shimano's followers. Cue Tom D.....

Julian in England.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you could do a P3 in a special Bunnyman Edition, I would consider giving up my Samantha for it. :^)
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he quit making the Bunnyman edition non-integrated headset P3s after the 2001 year B-man. Best bet for you is to ebay an older one and have it repainted in your special Wabbit paint. ;>
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gee bunny, I have a 54 cm P3 frame I am rebuilding. It would be no problem to repaint it. It is one of the old, nonintegrated headsets. Tell me what a Bunnyman edition paint job looks like, and we might have a deal.
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the difference in total cassette width (something over 2 mm I think) would be spread over 10 cogs instead of 9, it should work better than mixing the 9 speed stuff which a lot of people seem to find acceptable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what difference is a few months when you can't get a 2003 anyway?

any luck with the carbon seatposts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The solution is as simple as a machine shop making a new indexing washer that has 10 grooves in it as opposed to 9. I was able to make my old Record 9 bar ends Record 10 bar ends in about 5 minutes - at a cost of $15.00. Why get a whole new lever when there is really only one part that has changed? I would be willing to bet that ShimaNO will make some huge ordeal about how you just cant do that as some other fitting has changed.

When I converted mine I did not even have to take the cable off of the Rear Der! It just worked.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Could you give us an update on available products? I've read that you're almost sold out of the One. Where's Cervelo on the Dual, P2k, P3 and Team Soloist for 2003?

As for 2004 P3 w/ CSC & Ultegra... Fall?
Quote Reply
Re: 2004 [lobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is still some availability on some of these models, while others are virtually sold out. It really depends from model to model and size to size. But in all cases (esxcept the One which will be discontinued in its present form) if the 2003 is sold out we are currently producing 2004's, so at worst it would be the Fall where new bikes arrive.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Last edited by: gerard: Jul 3, 03 5:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if the duraace 9 and 10 have same cassette width... couldn't you just use your da 9 bar-end shifters set in "friction" mode rather than the indexed mode?
Quote Reply