Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon team clothes ?
Quote | Reply
Hello, I'm new to this forum and hope that there is somebody here that can help me on this one.

Together with some friends I have started a triathlon club in Norway - Oslofjord triatlon . Of course we think we should have our own team clothes, but because triathlon is a very small sport in Norway it would take ages before we could sell 50 items which for most companies is the minimum for making team clothing.

Of course we could buy some standard triathlon-suit and have our name and logo printed on. But if there is anybody here that know of any company that would make for instance 20 ex in our colors and with our logo and name, please help us.

Yours

Bent Olav Olsen
Oslofjord triatlon
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon team clothes ? [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should contact DeSoto...they are very helpful, even for small orders. They have clothing with lighter places on them so you can have a local company silk screen your team logos on to the tops as well. Plus they make what I consider some of the best clothing available.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
You might also try [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squadra, but I think you might have to have 24 pieces minimum.

Quote | Reply
You can try Sugoi. I'm in the middle of finalizing a custom team order through them.

http://sugoi.ca - check our the Custom page
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.sugoi.ca/...custom.aspx?view=FAQ

Says min.12 orders here. Our uniforms are great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just took delivery from www.louisgarneau.com Their artwork team have been a great help. Tri Kit is not as good as De Soto but still good. The reason I got a quote from them in the first place is the Slowtwitch kit is L.G... .......nuff said. You can see pictures within a week at www.serpentine.org.uk of my team in colours. Always hard dealing with kit the first time. Get members to commit to the kit and pay you some money upfront, buy a few spare and be patient it is gonna take months. M
Quote Reply
Louis Garneau [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louis Garneau is a small Canadian company whose clothing line is very popular with a lot of teams due to their ability to do custom sublimation*, and also because they have graphic artists on hand who can work with you if there's no-one on your team with that kind of artistic talent. They also do Nordic clothing, so if you want team cross training gear you can get it all done together. Min order is 12/16pcs depending.

(*I think Team Slowtwitch chose Garneau for this very reason)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bent,

if you want custon, Sugoi is good, minimum of 12 pieces. If you don't need custom and can just get your stuff screenprinted, then Desoto all the way.

Do you by chance know Bjorn Vidar Oen and his son? They lived a ways outside the city down near Drammen I think. I haven't seen or heard from them in years. My mother lives in Oslo (near the cancer hospital) and I try to get there to visit every couple of years and am past due for a visit. My brother, Robert Langeland lives in Drammen and used to be a national team dirt track racer.

Drop me a line sometime.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon team clothes ? [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for quick and good answers, you made my day a good one.

One question: The members of our club comes in all shapes and sizes, is there any of the tri-suits you would not recomend to people with a BMI over 21 (or 25!) ;-). And which company delivers the best suits for women?

To Mike: I am sorry but I don't know them, all though I am borned and raise just outside Drammen.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a note on the process of ordering team wear.

t sure enough takes some time. But we have desided on Louis garneau and they have been very helpfull so far. amazing actually that it is possible to get so much help when you only order 25 tank tops and 20 long sleeved jersies?

Here you'll find our first thoughts on design http://www.oslofjordtri.com/cparticle76087-10284.html, I wonder how it will turn out in the end?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Voler (www.voler.com). Their minimum order for custom is 25 pieces. They also do semi-custom (your logo on one of several pre-set designs), which I think has a lower minimum. You can combine tri suits, tri tops (Men's), and bike jerseys (short sleeve or sleeveless) into the same minimum. Sizes on the bike jerseys go up to 3X for both women's and men's sizes. I know the tri suits go up to a 2X in women's, not sure about men's. Note that if you look at the sizing info on their website, you would think the women's sizes only go up to XL, but the sizing info I listed above is direct from Voler over the phone.

I have Voler tri clothing from a tri club that I belong to, and a bike club I organize, and I really like it. I will be ordering trough them for another group. Highly recommended!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our club is also at the early stages of putting together jerseys. I was wondering why you went with LG over Sugoi?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon team clothes ? [cottell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forget so fast, but I think that the fact that Sugoi do not ship to european countries outside EU, was that little thing that made me deside for LG. I was not ready for a little more work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bent:

Our tri club (SF Tri Club) has used LG (for tri suits, shorts, tops) and Voler (for tri suit, shorts, tops and cycling kits). I think both are good, but I would say that Voler is probably my favorite. But for you, maybe you can check out Pactimo Sports Apparel. My disclaimer - I know nothing about the company or their products, but the timing is perfect as I just received an advertisment from them in the mail. The flyer states that they:

"put photo-like graphics on sublimated apparel. There is no design limitations because we have no color charges. With a nod to smaller teams, minimum orders start at 5 on most products."

Unfortunately, nothing tri specific - but they do offer cycling kits, leg warmers, arm warmers, hats, etc. so maybe you can use them for some items. But again I can offer no first hand experience on the product or company. Their website is: www.pactimo.com

Good luck.

Alan
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon team clothes ? [SFTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have sent Voler a e-mail to check out their offer, their site was very good. Do anybody know how their prices compare to LG?

Quote Reply