Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New bike before Ironman
Quote | Reply
How many miles would you want on a new bike with a significantly different position before an ironman? 500? 1000? 2000? more?

Here’s the situation: I've been riding an old CAAD4 for the last 2+ years. Seat angle is strictly road (73.5 that I’m riding at maybe 75) and my position is decent but certainly far from perfect. I just got a new Tequillo that I am going to get professionally fitted on, as steep and low as I comfortably can (probably at least 78 degrees). IM Canada is my “A” race this year, two months away, almost to the day. I figure I can get the QR set up and put at least 1200 miles on it before the race. Is that enough to work out any “new bike” mechanical bugs and get used to the new position or will I be better off riding my faithful old Cannondale?
Quote Reply
Re: New bike before Ironman [Rich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the new one 2 weeks. If it seems OK - continue to use is, you have plenty of time to get really used to it. If you have problems adapting to the new position within 2 weeks, use your old one.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike before Ironman [Rich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appears to be a lot of time. If your going to be professionally fit, then stick with that bike and get COMFORTABLE. I know of some dudes who get on their race/tri bike 4 weeks out of thier A race after training with thier road bike.
Quote Reply