Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New climbing wheels
Quote | Reply
I just got my Nimble Fly rear wheel (with Ultegra hub), and I have just put on the tub. I am now pretty excited about this wheel as it weighs 1350 with Dura Ace 12-25 cassette and Tufo Jet Special tubular. With my sub-700 lew front (tyre and skewer), I should be able to fly up those hills.

I don't even have the lightest tyre on there, as I can get the lightest Tufo and lose 45 grams easily. I will also get a lighter skewer on there (no Ti skewers, just nice ones) and probably drop the weight a bit further.

When we all talk about weight, this is where it counts- on the rolling stock up a hill. All of the rest is kinda silly. You can compromise the function and safety of your machine trying to get the ti bolt kit, aluminium rear mech hanger bolt and the like.

Hopefully, I can test this combo out as soon as possible. Damnit, I hate being injured!
Quote Reply
Re: New climbing wheels [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the Fly, bunny. I love mine (front) and was very suprised at how incredibly light it made the front end of my bike feel.
Quote Reply
Re: New climbing wheels [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope to see the difference on the hills with this thing. I am saving about 250 grams over the disc, and that's even with a big cassette. I would race my disc on any other hilly race, but it was a contributor of the excess baggage (along with the weight of Samantha) that cost me a place or two in a very hilly race. It did help on the flats, however.

I feel that I need a good road race rear wheel, as well. This one is going to fit the bill, especially when I can't use a disc. I will probably get about 1/4 of the use that I get out of my disc (unless I start racing more road races).
Quote Reply
Re: New climbing wheels [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bunnyman said > Damnit, I hate being injured!

I'm with ya b-man! I can't even get the other guy's insurance company to pick up the pace and get me my proprty $$ so I can set about replacing my beloved Saber. All I can do is drool over various websites. Ugh!
Quote Reply