Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For Sale: 2003 Specialized Epic Marathon MTB, lots of upgrades
Quote | Reply
This is an AMAZING bike!!! I'm very sorry to part with it, but with my IM training, and I'm not going to have time to ride it in the next 2 years! Less than 200 miles on the bike, no crashes nor mechanical problems. It's a perfect race bike, although I have never raced it. It is the same frame/shock that won the world championship cross country race in 2003. I'm sad just thinking about selling it, but this bike needs to be ridden, and I just can't right now. This is NOT a stock bike, many many upgrades over the specs for the Epic Marathon on the specialized site. This bike cost $4800 new. You can have it for $2500 or best offer.

Frame: 2003 Specialized Epic Marathon (Size Medium, 17.5 inches)

Fork: Fox Float 80 RLC

Shock: Specialized Brain Adjust IQ shock, manufactured by Fox Racing Shox

Components: Full XTR (the totally revamped 2003 line)

Brakes: Shimano XTR hydraulic disk

Wheelset: Shimano XTR tubless

Saddle: WTB

Stem: Thompson

Seat Post: Thompson

Bar: Easton Monkey Lite (Carbon)

Pedals: Shimano

Tires: Michelin Wildgripper (tubeless)

All documentation included, including the instruction books that same with all the parts I upgraded. I have pictures available upon request. I will pay to have the bike professionally packaged at a bike shop and then I will pay for shipping anywhere in the USA. If you are near central Illinois and want a test ride, let me know and we can set it up. If nobody here wants it, I will post on ebay, but I'd rather sell to a slowtwitcher!

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Last edited by: CCF: Feb 18, 05 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: For Sale: 2003 Specialized Epic Marathon MTB, lots of upgrades [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I changed the requested price from $3000 to $2500. Incredible value!!

Quote Reply
Re: For Sale: 2003 Specialized Epic Marathon MTB, lots of upgrades [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a ton of pictures, but for some reason this forum won't take them. Email me and I can send them to you.

-Colin

Last edited by: CCF: Feb 22, 05 23:45
Quote Reply