Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carnac TRS7 shoe, reviews, anyone have them?
Quote | Reply
I am looking at getting a tri shoe, that I can have already clipped in when I get to T1 (for short course racing). Was thinking about the TRS7. What do people think? Is it easy to get into? Is there a tongue that could be pushed into the front of the shoe and be uncomfortable? any other thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Carnac TRS7 shoe, reviews, anyone have them? [SByers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Carnac TRS7's and I love them. I only wear them sockless during races (socks on while training) and they've held up quite nicely (other than some nice scuffs on the outside plastic heel cups, they're mint). My foot slips into it easily while mounted on the bike, the one big strap (which should face the other way) is easy to reach and tighten. There's not really a loose tongue, per se, it's more like a liner made of wetsuit material, so that's one less thing to worry about as you're trying to get your foot into (or out of) the shoe as easily as possible while moving along at a fast clip. I recommend them, though being a Time shoe fan I might check out their Iron CX model when my Carnacs have had their day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Carnac TRS series of shoes were the first shoes really built and marketed for triathletes. The TRS 7 represents the 7th evolution of the shoe. Carnac have nearly perfected the design by now. The only issues you could argue about with this shoe are the weight and the stap closure direction. They are heavier than many other options, but not prohibitively so. The strap closes to the outside, as normal cycling shoes do. That can present a small issue when you pre-mount the shoes as you intend to. I personally have never found this to be a problem. If you think it might be, then look at Sidi or Shimano tri shoes, which close to the inside (i.e. the open strap hangs to the outside of the shoe). You will not find a more comfortable shoe than the Carnacs. Unless your feet just don't fit them you will be more than satisfied in termsa of comfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Carnac shoes, but prefer having more than 1 strap. I'd look into the Quartz model as well, and see what you prefer. Carnac makes some of the best shoes available today, and other than the strap direction issue mentioned earlier and the price (for some people they're just WAY out of the ballpark), they're really tough to beat. Maybe a custom shoe by LUST or something...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply