Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'03 P3 colors?
Quote | Reply
anyone know what colors are available in '03 for the Cervelo P3?

Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure gerard mentioned that the grey/silver was going to stay (wont gaurantee that though)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few years ago Endurosport used to advertise that they were the biggest Cervelo dealer and got a few custom colours that no one else did..... don't know if that is still the case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were to get a P3, I would have to plunk down the cash and have Cycl Arts do a flame paint job or tiger pattern. The silver-grey is just too subdued for me.

A fine looking bike like that deserves a cooler paint job, for certain.
Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enduro Sport has still a custom color (dark blue) for the Cervelo P3 on their website: [url]http://www.endurosport.com/equipment/cycling/cvp3.php3[/url]

If I had the money to buy a Cervelo P3 it would go for this color (I don't like the silver gray of the P3).
I like very much the blue P2K and the black 2002 One. I don't like the color of the new One and the Dual as much.

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary,

I believe Gerard stated in a post a while back that there was no color change for the '03 P3. BTW, Mine is black - I love black bikes. Probably wierd (hold comments please) but it makes me feel a little stealth. Also looks cool, to me, with a black disc.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like a black P3 with Look decals on it :^)
Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd like a black P3 with Look decals on it :^)
...and Jaja's motor.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A retired JaJa will still be faster than I for many years to come, for certain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really liked the old yellow P3... reminds me of a ferrari or maybe a banana
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The coolest paint job I've seen on a P3 lately is a current auction on Ebay for a 52cm 700c. Its listed as a show bike and is being sold to pay for race car driving expenses. Its Viper Blue Pearl. Definitely way up on the drool scale.

The only thing wrong with the grey P3 is that the market and bike racks are going to be saturated with them this year. You can only toss on so many colored tires, tape and saddles. I'd agree with the CycleArt option... I'd go with Black with red and yellow flames. No sense in holding back when you're paying that much for a bike!
Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only down side to a Cervelo is the paint schemes! Awesome bikes...but the colors are, are...YUCK! This is the last piece of the puzzle for the best tri-bikes on the market.

P.S. I don't own a Cervelo...YET!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wrote Cervelo last week inquiring about Baby Blue or custom colors. They responded that they don't do custom colors and the colors would remain the same for 2003.

It's a shame becase the current colors are just life-suckingly boring (for such an exciting design). Unfortunately, the color schemes scream "I'm an Engineer" rather than "I'm an artisan framebuilder." It doesn't sound like they'll sell them unpainted for a discount either.

I'd gladly buy an unpainted from (for say $150 less) and have my custom painter take care of the rest.

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, it is truly incredible to me how much time a personwill spend working on fit, research a bike and its frame design and components, then shoot the thing down on color. I have to admit, yeah it is somewhat important- but I would never go out of my way to alter the color. My mindset is to just live with it, and I've had some pretty monsterous colors schemes including one I have now with a floral print that looks exactly like a tampon box. I put some "Slap-On" pin-up art girlie decals on it to try to give me something to look at other than the flowers when I'm bent over the top tube going full bore. I like the P3 color scheme though, I think the Cervelo graphics are excellent and the color is largely non-offensive. It lets the bike do the talking, not a flashy paint scheme that some people would love, some people would be adverse to. Remember: "Form follows function".

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Tom, form does follow function. But I still like a bit of individuality, if for no other reason than when I am blindly stumble through the transition area after my near drowning or a punishing 10k, it sure makes it easier to find my stuff if my bike is the only one with a flame job!

Another plus is that rednecks are far less likely to run down a flame embossed bike than a hot pink (and BORING!) Telekom job!
Quote Reply
Re: '03 P3 colors? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, valid point.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply