Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

it's so simple
Quote | Reply
i know i said i was backing out of the forum do to me putting out substandard posts but i have give a report.

pose running works. i mean this system is the only way to run. i know some of you are going to say 'excuse me...' but i am sold on it.

two weeks ago i chocked hard and spent $35 on a book that is the size and quality of a $15 trade paper back. sorry off the subject...just ya know damn!

so any who! i read the book and start doing the drills. the half ass way i was doing it before the book was dead wrong and i made the proper adjustments. shin splints are gone. knee pain is gone. fat dude chugging down the street is now fat dude gliding down the street. THUD THUD THUD is now tap tap tap.

if you don't believe me try this. take off your shoes and run barefoot. land on your forefoot then on your heel. which one works? forefoot!

buy, borrow, steal the book and change your life. god it's good to be zinn!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: customerjon: Jun 23, 03 17:44
Quote Reply
Re: it's so simple [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I still have to get the book, but after reading the threads about the POSE technique, I too believed that it made more sense to land on the forefoot than on the heel and I have been focusing on it for a few weeks. The most amazing thing for me is the difference it makes when running on concrete or asphalt. I used to feel pain in my leg articulations for 1 to 2 days after running, but now I feel the same way than when running on trails - no pain at all, and fresher legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know what else helps immensely? Running on something soft. Dirt or woodchip trails are the optimum. I can notice a huge difference between the road and a trail. Road = pain, soreness in legs, Trail = nothing but normal fatigue.

I'm a runner pretending to be a Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: it's so simple [Farrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great point! i also noticed that forefoot running lends its self wonderfuly to trail running. i notice a lot more stability on my for foot and letting gravity do my dirty work!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked my coach about POSE running, but he said my running technique was too good to change. I've been having some knee pains, but it's suppose to be growing pains. Sux =\

The only problem I see with pose running is how can you open up your step? I mean, wheN I see the pro's running (short course) they have like 2.5 meter steps, but if you land on the ball of your foot, how can you push off hard enough?

My suggestion is you do ergometric (or whatever they are called) drills. Like hopping on one foot, skipping, sprints, and all of that stuff. Our caoch told us to concentrate on landing on the ball of your foot, but it's not exactly POSE running. Just to minimize the 'breaking' of your heel and the contact time with the ground (and increase push off strength).
Quote Reply
Re: it's so simple [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to go faster increase turnover not stride length. if your knees hurt something isn't too good to change.

Quote Reply
Re: it's so simple [customerjon and freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm...yes and no...

I'm a POSE-poseur (lots of web reading but no videos or official books, so self-taught) and firmly believe in the general tenets of the technique. BUT, increasing turnover only works up to a point...there is a limit. If you remember, the POSE prose cites a relatively narrow and "constant" band of SPM as characterizing the world's best runners at various distances. At some point you do have to open up the stride.

This year, after over a year of POSE practice, I've started doing just that. I find it does require a degree of drive off the toes/ball that "strict" POSEing would have you believe doesn't exist - at least not consciously. I still land flat or slightly forefoot, mind you, but I am also actively working to push the road back away from me (I think of it as "driving" the treadmill...me providing the power vs an electric motor).

The result has been a much faster avg speed at all intensities of workout (from EZ to intervals) and my best multisport run splits ever. Am I working a little harder too? Yes, but just a little. All this to say that opening the stride and POSEing can co-exist. At least in my little world. YMMV.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply