Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you remove decals from Carbon?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a trick to remove decals from a carbon fork without damaging the fork? I have a Reynolds Ouzo Pro with QR stickers on it and would like to put it on a different bike. I know who cares if you have two different bike labels on your bike; however, if it can be done, I would like to try for aesthetic purposes.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you remove decals from Carbon? [Greg Hartman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they're under the clear-coat, then the only way to remove them is to damage the clear coat. If it were me in this case, I would live with the decals unless you want the fork repainted.

If not under the clear coat, just peel and clean the surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you remove decals from Carbon? [Greg Hartman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO, this should NEVER happen, but I was riding with a buddy this weekend and noticed clear coat peel/damage on the top tube of his Aegis Aro-Svelt or whatever its called. I asked him about it - he said that the clear coat peeled right off when he removed his race number sticker from IMWisconsin last year! Peeled right off! There was a section of bare color / dulled finish about the size of a bike number sticker across the top tube.

No way would I accept that, but he didn't seem to upset by it. Some people are more tolerant than others I suppose. He didn't bother contacting the manufacturer about it, I would surely have done so.

So, I'd be careful - even if its a decal over a clear coat - especially if its an Aegis.
Quote Reply
What about on steel or alum? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you get those off?
Quote Reply
Re: What about on steel or alum? [Kevin Gingras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
use paint thinner or acetone to get stickers off ti, or metal. A hair drier works well also.
Quote Reply