Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM CDA water temps?
Quote | Reply
I know that someone posted about this about a week ago, however any updates would be much appreciated. I keep checking the "current weather" in CDA, and have to confess it is starting to chill me. It was supposedly 40 degrees and rainy there this morning. Can't see how they expect the water temps to be in the mid to high 60s when they have not had more than a day or two of temps above 80 degrees at any one time - and even then, most days the lows are well below 50. Any locals (or meteorologists, or those well versed in the Farmer's Almanac) out there with the inside scoop?

Thanks - Justin
Quote Reply
Re: IM CDA water temps? [ILMClydesdale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard 62 degrees a week or so ago and climbing a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going for a swim tomorrow morning, as close to 7:00 as my work schedule allows. I'll try to get a temp reading while I'm there. Lake CdA is huge, so it takes very extended periods of consistenly hot or consistenly cold weather to change the temp (ie, summer and winter). If it was 62 a week ago, and I think that is a good guess based on a swim there 10 days ago, then it will be 62 on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam in CdA today...air temp at 7:00 was about 53, water temp was (I'm guessing!) 62. It was a bit cold to get into, but felt comfortable once I'd been in it for a minute. Have fun!!
Quote Reply