Login required to post replies

How'd you do? Jan 31
Quote | Reply
M - 60 min bike trainer
T - 70 min bike trainer, 3550 yd swim
W - 1 mi run, 3 mi walk
T - 2 mi run, 1200 yd swim
F - 3.1 mi run, 1.7 mi walk
S - 60 min trainer + 4.04 mi run (2% incline, 32:28) + a couple miles snowshoeing
S - 3.8 mi run + 50 min yoga

I didn't post goals last week because my back was sore and I didn't know what I'd be able to do. That's what I wound up with; not too shabby. Eating, however, did not go so well. I'd give myself three out of five stars; I had trouble managing anxiety and stress. Goal for this week: a 4 out of 5 stars week there. Sport goals: 3 bike, 3 swim, 6 run, and yoga tomorrow night.

Oh, I had a goal to foam roll every day last week. I think I did that twice. fail!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs: FAIL. went xc-skiing and snowshoeing on the weekend instead of running (though i did run a few yards in my snowshoes)
- 2 bike: WIN. actually 4 x bike, including an OUTDOOR ride! wahoo!
- 5 core/strength - would like to do 2 actual strength workouts this week: FAIL. 4 only, 1 of which was a "proper" workout (the rest just 10mins of yoga)
- 2 swim: WIN, though one was pretty pathetic.

this week's goals:
- 3 runs, being careful of my right ankle (hurt it tobogganing yesterday)
- 3 bike
- 5 core/strength w/2 full workouts
- 2 swim, and decent ones!
- 1hr+ snowshoe on wednesday if we don't go to work due to impending blizzard

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I hope no one cares if I jump in here - I'm new to posting on the ST forums. :) I'll just start off with this weeks schedule. As a side note, I'm supposed to be reviewing the Insanity program for my website, so that's thrown in the mix. I also have a bunch of XT on my schedule replacing some (read: most) of my runs right now due to some hip issue and the persuasion of my coach/PT. Anyways... here we go!

schedule week 1/31 - 2/5
MO: XT 75 + insanity
TU: spin 75 + insanity
WE: swim 30 + run 30 + insanity
TH: insanity recovery (essentially half an hour of stretching)
FR: spin 60 + swim 30 + insanity
SA: spin 150
SU: choice + insanity

_____

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey not bad at all considering the back issues. Give yourself some credit ;-)

Last week:
Run 5x => DONE, actually managed 6 runs, last being 16k (10mi) with the dog on Sunday. My usual time for that run is 1h30 - yesterday it was 1h20 and it felt EEZEE - so I'm pretty happy with how the running is progressing.
Swim 3x => DONE, yes I actually swam 3x, with my longest being 3500m (and feeling Grrreat!)
Ride 3x =>DONE (1 was combined 1hr trainer + ride to & from work on the mtn bike, 2 was to and from work on the mtn bike + 1h30 trail mtnb fiesta at lunch, and 3 was a 2hr trainer ride - all felt very good but still aren't long enough IMHO).
Suck it up. I need 3-4 weeks of hard efforts now. This is the hump.

This week: With K in-house, it will be a lighter week, and I'll have to be creative in my planning.
Run 4x (Tue/Thurs with dog in morning; Wed and Fri at work)
Swim 2x (Thurs lunch and Sun am before superbowl)
Ride 2x (Sat am and Sun am post swim before superbowl)
Ugh it sounds complicated before even posting it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, one of the positives of the back thing is that I've started riding again.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the month of January:

Bike 33:02 - 482.8 mi
Weights 11:00
Total 44:02

Pounds lost: 9

Races completed: 3

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep forgetting to post my goals each week. I need to refocus and get better about doing that.

Goals for last week
1) 3 easy runs (in race taper): Almost done according to plan. I shortened both mid-week runs from 45 min to 30 min as I was moving and needed the extra time to pack and move stuff. But those 15 minutes (actually closer to 1.5-2 hours each day) were spent carrying stuff down three flights of stairs. My long run was 15 minutes longer than prescribed as I was running with a friend who had a longer run planned.
2) 1 swim - not done. I spent my pool time moving and cleaning
3) Rest for next week's race - not really done as I was moving. I will never move again the week before a huge race. Heck, it was so much of a pain I may never move again.

Goals for this week:
Only one but its a HUGE goal: Finish the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile trail run in less than 30 hours and bring home that buckle.
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What day is the race?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It starts at 6am on Saturday and ends at noon on Sunday!
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet. My best wishes :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been MIA (on these threads at least) for awhile, but I promise I've been training! :) Schools started back up, and I think I'm *finally* back in the swing of things. Started my PE tri class, so that is pretty sweet! :)

Last week:
swim x2 - done
bike x1 - done
run x6 - 5 (missed a short one to study for a test) :(
core x6 - done
+ xc ski once and hiking in the snow once

This week:
swim x3
bike x2
run x6
core x6

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did my first 18 miler yesterday. Felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck by the end, but today still got in a little shorty run and a 1600 m swim. It's a cutback week for me, so just 5 short runs and a 4 mile race Sunday, 3x40 minute swim, 3x1 hour ez bike, and 3 x core.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured out that I had 7 days this past month with eating issues. I have a calendar and put a sticker on every good day. Doing well on 24/31 days is awesome; that's the best month I've had in a LONG time.

My perfectionist side is saying "7 days is a whole week, that's a whole WEEK that you engaged in symptoms each day" and when I think of all the anxiety/stress/crankiness/self hate that comes with the bad days, a whole week of that is a lot (I guess I'm thinking of it all in a row, which it wasn't).

I am still pretty proud of myself I think.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should give yourself TWO stickers for being proud of yourself! ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So seven days (and seven days spread throughout the whole month), is seven days no matter how you look at it. But, I checked out your blog.. you had fifteen days STRAIGHT of awesomness! That's definitely something to be proud of!

_____

Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An amendment to my own schedule...

week of 1/31 - 2/5
Take a double dose of HTFU and let your hip flexor heel.

MO: pretend
TU: you
WE: love
TH: swimming
FR: just
SA: jump
SU: in

The end.

_____

Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the kind words. The 15 days straight was rather awesome.

I smiled at your amended schedule - I'm sorry you're hurt but I like the look of your daily amended workouts. What do you think you did to the hip flexor? Pulled?

Foam roll your quads and glutes - might help. Hope it heals really soon.

tc

Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Jan 31 [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
this week's goals:
- 3 runs, being careful of my right ankle (hurt it tobogganing yesterday)
- 3 bike
- 5 core/strength w/2 full workouts
- 2 swim, and decent ones!
- 1hr+ snowshoe on wednesday if we don't go to work due to impending blizzard

^^ not happening. had a headache most of monday, but got in a run and an ass-kicking swim. woke up at 3am tuesday morning with the headache still raging, BRUTAL chills (freezing to death in my lovely warm bed), feeling like i was going to hurl. got up for work tuesday, super light- and sound- sensitive, head still in horrible pain, still having chills/cold sweats, still feeling like i was going to puke, and anything that touched my skin (even the softest t-shirt) felt like sandpaper. nearly passed out twice (had to sit down or else fall down) trying to get my lunch together, and couldn't bear the thought of eating. hubby tucked me back into bed, where i stayed until about 6:15pm.

felt a little better yesterday, but still peaky, so no snowshoeing :( feeling a bit better again today, and i'm back at work, but i don't know how training is going to go tonight - still feeling fragile and haven't eaten much in the last couple of days. may try a very short, very easy run and maybe bob around in the pool..

cheers!

-mistress k