Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan 24
Quote | Reply
Mine was pretty miserable. I've hurt my back and couldn't do much. I saw a chirorpactor and got a massage - both provided some temporary relief. Seems to be irritation of the SI joint (ligaments I think). Back to the chiro today, and to the doctor. I obviously had a light week for exercise.

M - off
T - walked 2 mi, bike 0:10, rowed 0:10
W - walked 2.5 mi, swam 2000 yds
T - walked 2 mi, swam 2300 yds
F - walked 1.7 mi, swam 1500 yds
S - walked 1.5 mi, bike 0:35
S - walked 2.1 mi, yoga 0:50

Did not as well as eating as I have been - 5 good days and 2 bad ones.

Goals for this coming week: 7 good eating days, foam roll every day, other activity will be as my back allows.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan 24 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week:
4 runs, though one was very short - migraine, was not feeling it.
2 strength sessions

For this week:
5 runs
2 strength sessions
1 swim (it's my rest day so I'm allowed to do some swimming - nothing too crazy though, but I tend to plod along in the water anyways - I'll probably mostly work on technique :) )

Going to ask to have some intervals on the bike built in for next week....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs, possibly including the frosty trail 3-hour race on saturday: WIN. did the trail race, too, despite it being -15c!
- 2 bike. seriously.: WIN. ok, so one of them was just 25mins spinning my legs out last night, but i still cycled twice.
- 2 core/strength: WIN. yoga in the mornings before work, one strength workout, plus 2 foam roller sessions.
- 2 swim: WIN. getting some good work done in the pool.

this week's goals:
- 3 runs
- 2 bike
- 5 core/strength - would like to do 2 actual strength workouts this week.
- 2 swim

sorry to hear about the sore back TC - does yoga help it at all? a sore lower back is why i started doing ~10mins of yoga each morning (as well as getting some stretching in), and it's helped a lot despite being just a simple sun salutation & moon salutation.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Hang in there. remember 5 out of 7 is still better than passing my dear. try not to beat yourself up about it. take care of that back tho!

last week:
Build 3 - run focus
Run 5x => FAIL, ran only 3x, weekend plans pooched that.
Swim 2x => DONE.
Ride 1x on trainer. => FAIL. Weekend plans completely pooched that.
This weekend is totally pooched for training as we're going out of town with the kids. Might be able to find a spin class, or get in a swim, that'd be about it. 46 days til IMNZ and I'm a wreck about it => No kidding, half of my week was pooched with the weekend debacle. Bah.

This week:
Run 5x
Swim 3x
Ride 3x
Suck it up. I need 3-4 weeks of hard efforts now. This is the hump.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan 24 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AP your ducks will all be in a line by the time you get to Taupo don't worry. I'm totally jealous about your adventure but not so much so about having to do the ironman part of it ;-) . You've worked hard on your running and it isn't like you're a lazy butt either so relax. I LOVE NZ!

Everyone else, be proud of what you're accomplishing even if it isn't what you had planned. So many people in the world have no idea how good it is to feel fit. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan 24 [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YVR K wrote:
So many people in the world have no idea how good it is to feel fit. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

this falls right in line with something i thought of yesterday. having done a race i wasn't really prepared for on saturday, it occurred to me that i never felt any fear about doing the race - fear of injury, failure, anything. i just went and did it. that led to the following little gem, which i think i'll hug close in my mind for quite awhile:

i don't fear races - i fear not being able to do them.

if i'm healthy enough to make the starting line and experience the challenge, anything else is just gravy! that goes for training as well - i remember this time last year, when i was nearing the end of 2 months off running, and all i really wanted was to go run for an hour (it was another 4 or 5 months until i could do so). i'm overjoyed to be healthy and fit enough to head out my door and do almost anything i want!

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Jan 25, 11 7:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Week was a horrible week for me... I got a migraine on Sunday night after a 2.5 hr brick workout. Then Monday I had to babysit a 2 and 3 year old in the morning and then all through the night. Unfortunately the worst part was that my migraine stayed around until Wednesday. It made working out really hard sooo...

Last Week:
Monday - off
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Swim
Thursday - Run
Friday - Bike
Saturday - Long Bike
Sunday - Long Run

This Week:
Monday - Off
Tuesday - Long Swim and Lift
Wednesday - Swim and Bike
Thursday - Run
Friday - Lift
Saturday - Long Bike
Sunday - Long Run
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan 24 [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw shucks K, thanks. I needed that. ;-) Not afraid so much of race day itself, but being able to have the discipline to do what I know I need to do in the next 4 weeks I think... excited and nervous all at the same time I guess...

Ap

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
horrible week and I had a lot planned. However, I got back on the bike yesterday and while I was really scared to get my HR up and potentially run out of air again, I did it. It took about 45 minutes before I was comfortable with effort, high hr and (normal) being out of breath.

I really need to get back in the water and runnign this week but all those hospital steroids have resulted in 5 kg of weight gain and I really don't want to strip down and show all those awful kgs (especially since that makes a full 10kg to go) but the water is calm this am and I really should...

So goals are 3 swims, 4 bikes and I'm going to waffle on the runs.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan 24 [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're the only one who feels/notices the weight - think of how a swim would *feel.*

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
You're the only one who feels/notices the weight - think of how a swim would *feel.*

you have TOTALLY spurred me to action. :) Work is slow and i'm going to do it. Cloudy and cold but thank you SO MUCH for the kick in the ass. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to help! Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Happy to help! Glad you're feeling a bit better.

man oh man I was hacking up a lung out there and afterwards (but now am fine). THANK YOU!

http://www.flickr.com/.../hopalog/5390944498/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that picture from today? Beautiful.

I tried to run this AM because my back is getting better. I ran a mile and it hurt, so I switched to walking and did 3 more. No exercise other than that but I'm having a productive day working on my thesis and I teach an undergrad class at 2 pm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll have to link you a really pretty picture. That is about as grey and miserable as it gets here. It was pretty awful (though the sea was flat - very choppy yesterday). That was right after I finished my swim (our to the red bouy and back 8 times).

Yay for productivity! Hope your back recovers soon.

Last edited by: kathy_caribe: Jan 26, 11 10:42
Quote Reply