Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to gain "user" status
Quote | Reply
I don't know why I care but does anyone know how to gain the elusive "user" title and drop the "novice" title from your profile...

does anyone know if once you gain user status can you ever lose it?

Perhaps if you own a certain bike shop and you average 17.6 posts per day will a new title be created for you when you hit 20 posts per day...

Perhaps we should have a contest for naming the new elite title?

Is it that obvious I am trying to avoid my work?
Quote Reply
The magic number is... [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50 posts. Owning a bike shop and having a lot of free time on your hands just facilitates the ease and speed at which one is able to hit this number.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
an alternative to "elite" would be ... [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
postmaster?

how far have i got to go?

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: The magic number is... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. So I only have 46 posts to go. Well, now it's 45.
Quote Reply
Re: The magic number is... [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
49 more for me ;)
Quote Reply
Re: How to gain "user" status [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gained my user status by just hanging out here and constantly posting. Proves I don't have a real life.
Quote Reply
Re: How to gain "user" status [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tom hasn't achieved highest status. pusher comes next. and then if you keep on posting, and posting, and posting, you become an "empfield."

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: How to gain "user" status [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm... is that good? Just jokingWink.
Quote Reply
Re: How to gain "user" status [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gained mine today .... Shows I must not have a life either..... or that it is too damn snowy around my home to do any long rides :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually Dan, despite my age, which I won't mention, (except that you're the same age as my "kid" brother..nudge,wink), I have only been in tri for a few years, but have become obsessed with it. I was never an athlete but was always "recreational" fit and entered my first tri as a lark on a dare from my teenage daughter. When a tri newbie I was totally clueless but found that your site was one of the best sources of info to be found anywhere. Once committed to this sport I researched as much as possible and kept ending up back here. A lot of my posts are just joking around, but when there is something that I can actually contribute info, it's a nice feeling to give something back.
Quote Reply
Re: How to gain "user" status [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're in Ontario it's definately too snowy today for long ride, but I did get an hour in on the x-country skis. That's my favorite next to the bike. Anything beats running!!
Quote Reply
Re: The magic number is... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eighteen more posts for me. This is harder than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The magic number is... [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
and then if you keep on posting, and posting, and posting, you become an "empfield."

so does that mean you are at the top of the mountain Dan?

BTW, what is the current record for your hill climb? I'm in training ;-)

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: How to gain "user" status [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
currently the 11-mile cycling hillclimb record is 1:03:22, and the ride/run ascent is 55:00. i suspect, tho, that they'll be more like sub-1 and 52+ respectively by the time you arrive.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow all I have to do is keep posting and posting and I become a Empfield? If that is all I have to do I am going to scrap my plans to start a website called

slowertwitch.com with a message board at slowesttwitch.com,
shave my head,
and learn to ride a bike

hmmm...
Quote Reply
Re: New status [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a new catagory for people over 60 like Robert and I - USED
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured the next step after "user" was "total looser". If you look at some of the times for my posts you'll see I am unencumbered by a life. However, in all seriousness, I love the forum and we have enough computers in here where I am never more than a dozen steps from a high speed connection. The other posters are interesting and informative. I've learned a lot. Now, when the season really starts to kick in (it kind of already is, we have 6 fits booked for Saturday and I did two this morning) I will have less time to post so you guys will be rid of me to some degree. Also, apparently I have attracted the attention of a certain beautiful, 5'4" little French-Canadian triathlete whom I fitted six months ago. In an obvious lapse of judegment on her part she has agreed to spend some time with me. And although I've never seen more than three of you guys in person, I can guarantee she is more attractive and speaks better french than you. So there.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You forgot about getting a wife-beater (and probably some WalMart tube socks since you don't really need those fancy-shmancy running/cycling socks anyway).....
Quote Reply
Re: How to gain "user" status [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mon francais est excellent mais c'est certain que je ne suit pas aussi mignon qu'elle.

Better watch out though - couple of months with a French Canadian girl and you will be all for medicare, gun control, and serious collective rights for triathletes in their ongoing quest to seize control of the means of production from the oppressive race directors of the world. Vive la revolution! :-)

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply