Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pregnant...triplets! Any other tri moms with multiples out there?
Quote | Reply
I recently found out that I am pregnant with triplets (16th week) and wondering if there were any other triathlete moms with multiples out there - I've been in touch with tripletmom01 over on BT who has been a great help and thought there might be a few others on this site.

A couple of questions:
  • How long were you able to exercise (includes walking, swimming, aqua jogging, stationary cycling) while pregnant?
  • How long did it take to recover from a C-section and begin running, swimming and biking again?

Thanks!

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant...triplets! Any other tri moms with multiples out there? [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! Congrats, jellyfish. As soon as you can get the little monsters swimming, you'll have your very own relay team.

Do you know their sexes?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant...triplets! Any other tri moms with multiples out there? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Two boys and a girl - planning to get them into the water and swimming at about 3 months :)

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant...triplets! Any other tri moms with multiples out there? [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neat. You can probably teach them sculling in the tub... (if I have kid I'll be one of those awful swim parents ;-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant...triplets! Any other tri moms with multiples out there? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats. can't help out on the kid stuff, but best wishes.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to say congratulations-- I have a twin brother and it's awesome!! They are going to be very lucky to have each other growing up!

I can't help you on your question, but I suspect the pool is about to become your best, best friend.

Jen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!!
I have no advice for you but I am very excited for you!!

Lana

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your expanding family! I would concentrate on getting you and the babies into a routine once they are born and then trying to see where you can fit in some time for yourself to exercise. I imagine that it will take you longer to recover from the birth because you have been stretched more than with a single baby and your sleep might need to be more of a priority than exercise. Are these your first children? I only had one at a time and it was a huge adjustment the first time. The sooner you can establish a feeding/bathtime/bedtime/napping schedule the sooner you will find time for yourself. Take it a day at a time and keep moving forward!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to agree with Ironmom1 on this. I had twin boys six years ago and it was the most difficult thing I have ever done. Like she said the most important thing is getting sleep. You will be so exhausted that you won't care about training for a while. When you can function semi normally again try your best to achieve some sort of schedule, but don't force it or feel like a failure if you can't. What people with singleton babies don't understand is that often multiples are pre-mature and they spend the first few months doing what babies their age (who are still inside the womb) do, they sleep! I really tried to get my boys on a three hour schedule during the day so they would sleep more at night, but they were just too tired to eat every three hours so I finally gave up and let them tell me when they were hungary.

As for training during pregnancy just take it easy. Walking and swimming will be good at first, but eventually you will need to stop for the health of the babies. You want those little ones to bake as long as possible and your body is going to get big, fast, so you need to lessen the stress on it as much as possible. I got pregnant four weeks before my last marathon of the season so I found out the next week after the marathon was over. Since I was on a break anyway when I started feeling yucky I didn't start running again until after the birth. My boys were seven months old when I started running again. That's really when my desire came back and I felt normal enough to do it. All that said everyone and all babies are different, so it's really just a guessing game until you get to know them each personally. Try all different advice and see what works best for you and your family. Best wishes to you and your babies, keep me updated on your progress and don't hesitate to PM me if you have any additional questions.

------------------------------------------------------------
I have failed at many things, but never in my desire to try again.
Quote Reply