Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New job is not working out.
Quote | Reply
I've been in a new job over a month now and do not see this working out. Not sure what to do. I feel fortunate to get a new and better job in this economy and would not ever, ever want to go back to old job.

I also am getting the message that this is mutual, that both my employer and I had different expectations of each other.

What to do? I am already looking and do not want to look like a 'job hopper'---nothing on my resume prior would suggest this.

Not sure how many 100$bills I am worth! LOL
Quote Reply
Re: New job is not working out. [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear your new job isn't working out.

Start looking NOW is my $.02

If it's not working out, then don't wait until you're fired to begin looking.

Cut your losses and move on. Don't worry about job-hopping perceptions. Again, look while you're still employed; don't let life happen to you.

Maybe look into the job that Jean ($100 thread) is doing. With her attitude, I imagine there will be an opening soon and the compensation is good too ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Start looking now and don't worry about job hopping. It is a bad time to be unemployed and if the decision is forced on you it can be pretty tough to deal with. Don't quit until you have the new job though! If push comes to shove, make them fire you so you qualify for unemployment.

If asked about why you left, or are leaving, so quickly tell future employers the job changed after they had hired you and it is no longer a fit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with SSP and HighSchool, start looking now, but I would also, if you think your current boss is open to such a discussion, talk to him/her about it. It may boil down to something really small/trivial, or not, but then perhaps she/he can actually help you find another position. This also helps avoid the job-hopping/burning bridge syndrome.

A former coworker of mine did this; she knew after 2 months the new job was the wrong job for her. She talked about it with her boss, who agreed to be flexible on her schedule so she could find another position. She ended up going back to her old job. Win-win for everyone.

Keep positive about it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: New job is not working out. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I am doing just this exactly-looking, and thinking yes better to be fired and in the meantime trying my best. Great advice as always!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since a new job is not guarenteed, work with your employer to see if they can simply lay you off. that way you can at least collect unemployment while you are looking for work. If you are "fired", no unemployment for you!

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply