Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coaching Opportunity
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend and I are looking for a coach to prepare us for Ironman Canada on August 28, 2011. We made a brief website to show you who we are and to contact us: www.happen.net/ironcouple

We plan to begin using the coaching service in February and are currently doing a search for coaches. Please check out our website and send us an email to apply.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Coaching Opportunity [Gibblet35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Sarah and Chris,
Just wanted to say that I love the website idea and good luck at IM Canada. It's an absolutely beautiful course and will be a great experience for your first Ironman. I own a coaching company in Brooklyn, NY and I race predominantly Ironman so I'd be happy to give you some input as you get underway with your journey. I always think that athletes benefit from having a coach they can interact with face to face so it would be best for you to find a qualified coach somewhere near you, but I do love the approach you've taken to finding a coach and wish there were more athletes out there like you two. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Coaching Opportunity [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the encouragement! So far so good...we have had 9 people email us with interest and are doing some "interviewing" now to find our best coach! Pretty fun process so far and really interesting way to identify the best match.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the approach, that is very cool. Let me suggest though that 1 plan for the two if you is going to be tough for a coach. You wont be making the most of the relationship. One of you will be pushed and the other waiting. While the coach is attempting to combo addressing your limiters. You may consider asking the coach to simply match the workout days duration but assign diiferent watts and hr's. Just a suggestion. Good luck! g

Greg Mueller
Level 2 Triathlon Coach
Level 3 Cycling Coach
level 1 Running Coach
Head Coach Innovativeendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Coaching Opportunity [gmueller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We now have our coach selected. Thanks to all who applied and for the encouragement on using this process to select a coach!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i could not open the link to your website. where are you laocated?
Quote Reply