Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th
Quote | Reply
Last week: Base 4
Run 6x - aiming for 70k =>DONE, well, got in 7 runs (bonus), but only managed 63k, I'll still take it... ;-)
Swim 1x - during this challenge I'll be happy with once a week => FAIL. Work sucked a$$ on Thurs and Fri so no swim possible either day.
Ride 1x - LSD (6hrs on road if weather's not too sucky or 4hrs on MTB in the mud if it is sucky) => DONE on MTN bike, ok shorter than 4 hrs but it was after a 14k run and it still rocked so I'm claiming it ha!
Diet/Alcohol - try to avoid the snax - I find that when I ramp up my training I get hungry - all the time... keep the food at my desk healthy (raw) and to a minimum. => I say done on the snax, getting better at reprogramming my brain re: snacking.

This week: Base

Run 6x, still aiming for 60-70k/week
Swim 2x, ok I *have* to make this a priority, even if I run less
Ride 1x, road or mtb depending on weather.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
met last week's target.

this week:
Sun: ran 3 miles
Mon: rest
Tue: swim 1 mile
Wed: swim 1 mile
Thur: swim 1 mile
Frid: run 3 miles
Sat: zumba class
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did great, thanks for asking!!

Last week:
run x6 - super frequency, low low mileage, possibly switch out 1 run for skiing - DONE!! Knee still feeling mostly okay.
abs x2, hips/butt x3 - DONE!
swim x2 - ONLY 1 - forgot my towel the first time, so didn't go in. Can I just say what a BAD IDEA it is to not swim for 3 mo after IM if you're not a good swimmer? Yeah....
bike commute more often than not
- DONE, and it was bitter cold too, so I'm proud of myself.
+ xc ski'd once + did some P90 plyo.

This week:
run x6
swim x2
abs x2, hips/butt x3
somehow manage to not gain weight again at the in-laws... right.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll jump in... I hate, hate hate this cold weather so I'm trying my best to keep up and active.

Tues- Run 6 miles, swim 2700 scm
Wed- Run 8 miles (treadmill... thank god for the netflix app!)
Thurs- Run 7 miles
Fri- Swim 3000 scm
sat- run 3 miles (felt sick!)
sun. rest day

This weeks goals: Swim 3x's, Run 25-30 miles, go to ONE strength training class at the gym. I hate this stuff, but I want a little variety. (it's the spice of life, right?!).
Other goals- eat in moderation, keep the sugar intake down. I have a big sweet tooth (wish I didn't but oh well!).. I just want to keep the xmas snacks down to a shout this year.

Jen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got most of my paper done! Also, 37 miles of running, 1 yoga class, 2 x 1200 yd swim. Did a kickboxing class too.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 14, 10 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, glad to hear the knee's behaving...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs incl. santa jingle race on saturday: WIN, though definitely not a PR time at the race
- 1 swim: WIN.
- 2 bike, probably both on trainer: WIN, though i actually managed to get outside for one last ride before the snow hammered us! used it to pick up the last christmas gift for my husband, too :)
- 2 core/strength: WIN

this week's goals:
- 3 runs, hopefully 1 trail run
- 1 swim
- 2 or 3 bike
- 2 core/strength

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Dec 14, 10 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah you must have got dumped on hahahaha ;-)

Nice that you got in a race; there's virtually nothing going on now until mid-Jan, not even a 5k, which I would really like to do! Bah!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, the snow sucks, but it's the 1/2" of ice underneath it that's really screwing things up. we went from 2c with freezing rain down to -14c and snowing heavily in a few hours, so the roads (and sidewalks) are a pitiful mess.

watched a guy in a pickup truck take 45+ seconds just to make a right turn from a stop, spinning his wheels the whole way, a block from my house. scary!

i think the races around here are all done until the running room resolution run now. the one i did saturday was mostly just for fun - with course congestion and required attire, it's not a good one to try to get through fast!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
HAHAHA that's AWESOME

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks fun... but also itchy and sweaty!

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! I'd love to get back into boxing but I just don't have the time... we have a few guys here that work for me that box, they have a heavy bag, speed bag and agility bag set up in my hi-bay area (big assembly & testing area - think empty warehouse) and they're alway trying to get me to come out... might just have to do it.

Oh, you'll be proud, I *actually* swim 2000m at lunch today. No kidding. ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job on the swim. I got in 8 run points (a 5/3 double) but no alcohol points. For shame

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LAST WEEK...
Let me start off by saying that training last week was a disaster.... I feel like I hardly did a thing... However I hauled a two yr old and a three yr old around 3 indoor waterparks. I was told that one set of steps to get to the top of the slide was 77 steps... Multiply that by 20 times and with a kid and a tube being carried and that was my exercise for Friday.. SSoooo heres how I did..
Trainer 3x - FAIL 1X
Run 2x - DONE!!
Swim 2x - DONE!!
Strength 3x - FAIL 1X....
Arc 1x - FAIL

So this week
Run 3x
Trainer 3x
Strength 4x
Arc 1x
Swim 2x

We shall see how this week goes. With the holiday season rolling in I've realized that I'm having a hard time getting out of bed and am flat out depressed.. I miss my furchild Rhine soo much. I never thought I could feel this much grief, but its like I lost my best friend. Working out helps with the depression but I could sleep for days which makes it hard to get out of bed and on top of the fact that its been -20 degrees for the past couple of days here isn't helping. I'm going to do my best and see what goals i can hit.
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the suits are the cheapest kind of polyester felt, but at least they're not heavy! not really itchy, but i'll be finding bits of red fuzz everywhere for the next few months.

kind of surreal seeing almost 3,000 people dressed as santa running through downtown burlington, ON!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Maybe see a therapist?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I already do.. he wants to put me on anti-depressants. Not really sure I want to do with that.. I'm going to do some research and try and fix it through diet or some other way before being put on medication because the medication doesn't really work.
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMHO and IANAD but you don't need drugs, you need time. Maybe get a second opinion, or find a therapist who is willing to work with you in a drug-free way.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you been on that med before? (Wondering where the "that med doesn't really work" comes from).

You probably can't FIX depression through diet, though some dietary changes might help. Glad you're already seeing a therapist. You might ask about other meds - there are many, many antidepressants and often one has to try a couple before finding one that works. I was very adverse to meds and had to try 2 before I found one that worked. It is frustrating, but medication is necessary for me (anxiety, not depression, but they can be similar). Don't close your mind to that option in case it becomes necessary. Meds + therapy are very, very helpful for me.

good luck.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh hey, actually swam TWICE this week LOL must be getting tired of running eh? ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mon Rest day
Tues Run 2 miles and weights
Wed Run 5 miles
Thurs Run 3 miles swim 1000
Fri Rest
Sat Run 3 miles and weights
Sun Run 11 miles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plantar faciitis feels like it is cleared up but I don't feel a need to push it. I'll get back into a schedule next week. I've been on the treadmill 6 days/week the last 2 weeks with at least a run/walk. Longest run was 40 minutes. Keeping it really slow so I don't pound my foot into the ground. (heh) In fact, I did my first run outside since the Seattle Half today and no foot soreness. Yay!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's excellent news Jen. Hang in there...

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How'd you do? Week thru Dec 12th [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
w00t! good to hear you're healing :)

cheers!

-mistress k