Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Girls Vs Womens
Quote | Reply
Why do The Womens refer to each as other girls? I don't hear the mens refering to each other as boys.
Quote Reply
Re: Girls Vs Womens [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i never grew up!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I hear 'out with the boys' a lot. I guess they mostly say guys, which is a less grown up way of saying men. Women probably say girls because it's a less grown up way of saying women. Gals is used a little.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps if the womens wouldn't be offended, we (the guys) could henceforth refer to them as dolls in an allusion to the Tony award winning musical then made movie starring Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"going out with the boys", "boys and their toys", are quite common expressions. As pointed out, "guys" seems to be a more popular word.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still think of myself as a girl, not a woman. I don't know if I'll ever thing of myself as a woman. Too formal. Girl sounds more fun

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Girls Vs Womens [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ladies is another way we refer to ourself or group. But gents isn't used so much
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why do The Womens refer to each as other girls? I don't hear the mens refering to each other as boys.

For the same reason as men and women refer to all as "guys." Pure laziness.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ladies is another way we refer to ourself or group. But gents isn't used so much

i use "gents" and "fellows" quite often...but i'm known for using terms that most people find antiquated, if not downright obsolete.

cheers!

-mistress k