Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought.

With consistency + annual miles, race performance should improve anyway :-) but you know that.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
update
this week's goal:
2 swims: will do fri and sat
2 three mile runs: done (mon & wed)
zumba: done
core: did 1 and 1/2 core

goal: over next few weeks, for at least 2 three mile runs weekly; will probably need to do less core.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how are the lit review and fellowship application going?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been buried in statistics homework. I did, however, get an extension on the second part of the stats HW (due Tuesday, but now Friday for me) so I can work on the fellowship application.

this weekend is going to be major work-on-fellowship time. Thanks for asking.

Lit review - did a little tiny bit Monday - none since then. This is the hugely busy part of the schoolyear.

thanks for asking.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
update: swam quite fast today probably due to aerobic conditioning from my 2 sessions of 3 mile runs, so I WILL indeed keep the two 3 mile runs every week from now on. my running has slowly become something that I enjoy again (instead of feeling like it's work), very happy to feel the shift.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 15 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 2nd week of riding. We (husband and I) do a 40km out and back - this week I got some good times in and PRd by 8 minutes on one ride. :) Pretty happy with that. We usually have a tailwind going out and a headwind (natch) coming back. We ride along the carretera (the only paved road so we have no choice) but the buses, colectivos (van-sized public transport) and double trucks always give us lots of room (there are actually 2 lanes to each side of the road!) when they pass. Vehicles are very courteous here. So, 160km of riding and 4 swims and I'm on the DL for running. Very happy with my "training" right now. Oh, but my ASSSS hurts SO much! :) Swimming is going well - rough seas the last couple times but my 14yo is going out with me and he is getting stronger each time. So I think I'm at around 8800 yds swimming for the week.

I'm planning to head over to Coz and work the Ironman next Sunday and looking forward to that. Just hoping I get catch the last ferry home.

I see we're supposed to put goals in (n00b I am) :)

So, next week,
ride 40km x4 (might have to drop the Sunday ride to get to Coz or just get up super early yawn)
swim 2000-2700 yd x4 (might have to drop one swim as Sunday is swim day and I don't think I can squeeze in Ironman + training)
run 10 minutes x6 (depending on whether or not I'm healed enough to start up again).
and don't eat so much. :)

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Last edited by: kathy_caribe: Nov 21, 10 8:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next