Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov 1
Quote | Reply
Happy November.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 1 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My goals for the week (better late than never)

* be open and honest with my dietician on Friday (something is going on that I'm not going to tell details of here but I really need to tell her even though it's really hard)

* 6 runs (4 done)
* 3 good hip exercise sessions (1 done)
* 3 swims (1 done)
* 2 yoga classes (1 done)
* start to work on the yoga class I'll be teaching on Sundays in November
* as many symptom free days as possible [re: eating disorder] (at 3 so far, sort of, I still stress out over whether or not a big bedtime snack is ok or not so it's either 1 or 3 depending on how you look at it)

- Appt with dietician got moved to Wed. of this week (she was sick Friday)
- symptom free days: 2 I think. But I am doing better so far this week1
- 6 runs: check: 33.3 miles
- hip exercises: I did an awesome job with that. 5 times
- swim: only swam once, for a whole thousand yards :P
- did 2 yoga classes

GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:
5 runs
3 swims
bike once (done)
hip exercises 5x
Yoga tomorrow night
Get ready to teach my yoga class on Sunday!
go to the rock gym on campus once for something new and different

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
- Last big week before Silverman so.... STAY HEALTHY & UNINJURED - that means stopping or easing up if I feel any twinges or yoinks... the piriformis is feeling tight already, try to deal with that... => Kinda done; my right hip has been bugging me, which is unusual for me. Have been working on stretching and soaking to loosen the hips up, may need a massage :-(
- Run 4x (2x35min easy aerobic, 1h30 steady, 1h hills - no running with the dog this week, just brisk walks - I don't need to be running 6x) => DONE
- Swim 3x (mostly just steady cruising at this point) => 2x swim done, had to miss one morning session - was too cooked from the before to get out of bed :-(
- Ride 2x (1 Mtb for 1-2hrs; 2hr tempo ride) => DONE. Felt very good in both, albeit tired. This Build phase has been a lot!
- If I am bored haha or have extra time, a couple commuter rides and maybe another swim. => Just lots of good walks with the dog. really enjoying those.
- Stay on track with the diet. Mostly about portion size for me, although I am noticing that when the training hours go up, I crave junk a LOT - I actually am craving a Big Mac right now. I am finding it harder and harder to stay disciplined here. Mostly trying to avoid sugar, but the fatty foods are my enemy right now. Bah! => PARTIAL FAIL. I actually ate - and enjoyed - a Double Down last week. Mmmmm. However, I showed very good restraint in NOT eating all the hallowe'en candy I could.

This week's goals:
- Silverman 1/2IM on Sunday - finish sub7hrs (this is a tough course) and feel good/strong esp. on the run; finish with a smile.
- Swim 2x easy (Tues and Fri at race site?)
- Run 2x easy (M and W; with strides)
- Ride 1x easy (~1hr, day before race, to check bike + legs; put in some pick-ups on the ride);
- Keep on top of the diet - have done well in losing some lbs, don't let them all creep back onto my backside this week.
- Keep an eye on that R hip - we're driving down to NV so make sure to get some stretching/breaks in...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

- run tuesday & thursday, keeping it very easy and short: WIN
- core/stretch/strengthen workouts tonight & wednesday: WIN
- get lots of sleep: mostly WIN
- make my distance goal at the 6 hour ultra on saturday without getting hurt! mostly WIN

beat my main distance goal, and came very close to my "holy crap it went well" goal. didn't do any lasting damage, though my ankles are pretty wrecked right now. legs are sore-sore-sore; second day after is always the worst for me!

this week's goals:
- stick/foam roll as necessary
- maybe a bike ride?
- probably 1 swim (mostly for the hot tub after ;)
- maybe 1 short, easy run...if i feel like it!

GOOD LUCK ANDY! :D

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
last week's goals
2 swims: met
3 sessions of 2 mile run with a zumba or boot camp class right after: failed: did only 1 session, but did one full session of 3 mile + core.
a fun belly dance class: met + 1/2 session of core + zumba
bonus: yoga + 1/2 session of core[/reply]

this week's goals
2 swims: tue, wed
a 30 mile bike @ 13mph in 2ish hrs w/ rest in the middle: done today
a 2 mile run + zumba: thur
a 3 mile run + yoga: fri
1/2 core + belly dance + zumba + 1/2 core: sat
Last edited by: Jean: Nov 1, 10 15:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1. cycle commute - FAIL, 1/3 (but in my defense, we had crazy 40 mph winds most of the week)
2. core x4 - FAIL, 2/5
3. 3 runs + Mud Run race - DONE
4. Do really, really good at the race and smoke all my classmates but still hide how overly competitive I am and act like I'm just doing it for fun. ;) - PRETTY SURE I NAILED IT. Missed my goal of 40 min by 2 minutes, but if I compare my placing (14%AG) to previous races (run portion of tris: 45-63%, hm: 43%) then I'm pretty stoked about that. True, most people doing a mud run aren't too serious about it, but hey! It makes me happy to think of it that way. :P Also, there's a semi-pro/elite gal that has done all the same races as me this year except one - at the first few races, she did about 66% of my pace, and at the mud run, she only did 85% of my pace. Course, have no idea if she was sick, hungover, broken ankle, etc etc, but it makes me feel like I'm getting better. Anyway, it was a ton of fun, and flat out crazy - lots of fun costumes, running through a waist deep creek in 36* weather, diving in mud pits, what more could a girl want? :P

Goals for this week:
1. abs x4
2. That's it. I screwed up my knee pretty bad at some point in the race (but never noticed til a few hours after, I guess the weather was a natural ice pack?) So just rest it up. Sort of sad about this, because I was starting to almost enjoy running.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 1 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mid week update:
Tuesday yoga was great. Really long! (1h45)
Am at 4 runs and 2 swims.

:-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on my own for training for the next two months, by my own choice to get out of the structured training grind. In the spirit of keeping on track, I'll play.

After my not so successful run at Javelina I've gotten back on the run bandwagon. I've done 2 runs, one for 1:10 and the second for 20 mins plus I did weights for the first time in recent memory. I'd battled a cough that has cleared up so I'll get back on regular runs.

My goals for the week:

Run 5x - no specific mileage or time goals, go by feel.
Except a long run of 90 mins on Saturday. Signed up for a half marathon next Saturday and need to test the legs.
Weights 2x - upper body with some plyo mixed in.
Check into Yoga studios - I want to shake things up a bit.
Stop eating like I'm running 50 miles a week! Jeans are getting tight :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 1 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I told myself that I would start training again this week after a horrible month of October... My goals this week were
MW - Trainer 60 min
TTH - Swim 50 min and Run 30 min
MTWThF - Physical Therapy for neck and shoulders....

haha... what a joke I am.. Didn't realize the toll of watching my dog get hit and killed by a car would take on me..
M-FAIL.. Family and relationship probs.. I was just drained
T - Trainer 55 min.
W - Swim 50 min..... Hopefully 30 min run when bf gets off work.. Hes going with me since I was running with my dog when he got hit.. Kinda dreading it but know I gotta start sometime..
As for Physical Therapy I've FAILED the first part of the week..
My motivation is wagering and I'm having a hard time.. I really miss my dog who motivated me every morning to get up and go run with him... But I'll keep trudging through hoping it'll help with stress...
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 1 [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got some stuff in (bike and swim it looks like). That is good. Even if you and the bf just run for 5 min, it is something.

What about running in a totally different place or on a treadmill or track? Make it as different as possible?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 1 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UPDATE (in red)

this week's goals
2 swims: tue, wed (only did wed)
a 30 mile bike @ 13mph in 2ish hrs w/ rest in the middle: done today
a 2 mile run + zumba: thur (did a 3 mile run + core in the morning and then zumba in afternoon)
a 3 mile run + yoga: fri (did a 1/2 core and then yoga)
1/2 core + belly dance + zumba + 1/2 core: sat (completed the combination PLUS 2 mile run)(regression from 2 pull-ups to only a single or even a half pull-up)[/reply]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is a 1/2 core?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what is a 1/2 core?

my core is when I do my weight/strength training: 50 dips/50 pushups/100 situps. I do half of those 50,50,100's before my 3 mile run, and after the run, I'd end with another half of those 50,50,100's. 'Cuz after running, I'd still like to be able to give up a punch here and there if need be ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol

Quote Reply