Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar HRM products
Quote | Reply
Do the newer Polar HRM's and sensors work any better that the old ones? I am trying to set up my Xtrainer system onto a new bike. I am having trouble getting any range out of the Speed and Cadence sensors.

Thanks...
Quote Reply
It's quite easy to crank up the power on them [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has two small screws, any set of small screwdrivers will do.

Open it up, you ill see on one side a large battery on the other a circuit board with three prongs and a black jumper across two of them.

The jumper will be across one on the side and the middle one. Take it off and slip it ack on so that it is across the middle one and the one it wasn't attached to earlier.

It's bvious once you open it. I did it and it has worked perfectly since then. Even form the back wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: It's quite easy to crank up the power on them [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I am not afraid! I think that I rememer this post from ages ago and that it will eat batteries quicker - but that's OK.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM products [MS.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW, if you don't get the cadence to work even after you increase the power... don't be supprized. If you wear it in an aero position and are say 6 ft. or taller it may still not work.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: It's quite easy to crank up the power on them [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have an older/newer model. Mine has four screws and I can not find anything that looks like jumpers. These are black units that I am using with an Xtrainer Pro.
Quote Reply
Re: It's quite easy to crank up the power on them [MS.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a look at http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/ and post the question on their forum - they are the Australian distrubuters of Polar and the employees answer questions all the time and there are plenty of other people who regularly answer questions.
Quote Reply
Re: It's quite easy to crank up the power on them [Bungle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip on the URL Bungle. That site was very helpful. I found that I can use the new S series sensors with my older HRM and so did not have to get a whole new set up just to mount the speed on the back wheel. To bad Polar or Polar USA is not so helpful. I could not even get a returned Email from the company.
Quote Reply