Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Road Bikes with 650 wheels?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a new road bike and would love to be able to interchange wheels between it and my tri bike which has 650 wheels. Does anyone know of any road bikes built for 650 wheels? Any downside to using 650s on a road bike?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Road Bikes with 650 wheels? [Brent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yaqui!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey brent. what is your price range? if you are willing to go $1500 to $1800 and up you could easily get yourself a beyond cool custom steel road bike (650c wheels) made just for you that rides how you like it from any one of numerous builders. aluminum, too i suppose but what would be the point? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Any Road Bikes with 650 wheels? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom. Taking a quick look at the Yacqui site, the shallowest seat angle I saw on a stock frame was 76 degrees. Would you need to get a custom frame to go shallower, or am I missing the stock frames that have 650 and a shallower angle than 76? Or, were you recommending potentially 76 degrees for a road bike?

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Brent, I think, if you do some hunting around on the Yaqui site (or call Ves directly) there is a 650c wheel 73 or 74 degree seat tube angle bike on the site. The reson I say this is one of our best customers and athletes- Karen McKeachie, has one. She likes it very much and has nothing but good things to say about Ves and Yaqui (a big part of the reason we wanted to sell Yaqui). Try giving Ves a call- see what he says. Good luck!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Pooks [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brent,

What size are you looking for. I've a 54cm 650c road frameset for sale.

Reply if interested.

Kwan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have a ti-cycles road bike that had 650's. I'm pretty sure it had a shallow seat tube angle.

Their web page is www.ticycles.com

Hope this helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course, the Kestrel 500 used 650 wheels. You might be able to get Habanero, habcycles.com, to build you a Ti 650 wheel bike.
Quote Reply
Re: why would a road bike have 650c wheels? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Besides Brent's desire to be able to swap wheels between his tri bike and road bike - a problem I can surely relate to - can someone explain why a road bike would have 650c wheels...I thought the 650 wheels were created as a consequence of the aerobar-shorter top top- steep seat angle argument. Hence, is you are not on aerobars (i.e you are road biking it), there would be no need for 650 wheels. Can somebody help me out here?
Quote Reply