Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

another unquieted mind
Quote | Reply
am I going un-glued? I think about this person 24/7, cry about him thru-out the day, I am riding an emotional roller coaster while he is just going about his normal business, the only escape that I get is when I am working and when I am exercising. I am to see him this weekend, and I know I am going to be counting down the minutes until then, I fret when he does not call, I fret after he calls. I think because of knowing him, I have changed mostly for the better, I feel awake, alive, and I can't go back to what it was like before.
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the hot potato dropper guy?

Sorry to hear about your angst, a friend's sage advice when I was in the same situation several years ago was "time, distance and somebody else" is the best cure for a broken or beat up heart. Until then it sucks, but know that it will get better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this hot potato guy then seriously he isn't worth the time. I realize it's far easier to say when not in the situation but the truth is that everyone has been in that situation at one point or another. It sucks but you pick yourself up and get past it.

I would bet that many others here would agree with me that the true "significant other" will never make you jealous, never make you worry who he might be talking to, will never break your heart. Someone who is truly worth your time will treat you better then you even treat yourself.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have zero self respect as far as the hot potato guy is concerned, want to put him thru the grinder and make him into french fries.
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot potato guy? I missed something interesting apparently.

Anyhoo...

When I was 20 years old, I went through something similar. I'd moved to the other side of the country for the summer and fell head over heals for him. It eas awful. I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was great for about 6 weeks then he broke it off. I went nuts. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I stalked him, I cried, it was hell. I ended up flying home a month early and it destroyed what should have been a fantastic 3 months working in a national park. I am still angry I let him get under my skin that way. Never again.

When I met my husband, 15 years ago, I went through a smilier period but I was 6 years older, much more "together" and our only anguish was that he lived 7'hours aery. We fixed that pretty damn fast!

I'm sharing because what I learned is that you have to rip it off like a band-aide. No "let's be friends" bullshit. Change the locks, change your phone number, if you can afford it, move to a new house or apt. You have to change your surroundings or you will always see him. Get out of town for the weekend, cry until you throw-up then pull it together and find someone better. It is ok to mourn but it isn't ok to obsess. Nothing good will come of it.

A lot of us have been there and more will follow. We have survived and thrived and so will you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx I think I know what to do, I have to be myself around him, if he doesn't like me for who I am, then it won't work. I missed couple of interesting bike rides bz I wanted to spend time with him, can't do that, not doing something that I enjoyed cuz of him, as someone told me, do not give up something that I enjoyed bz of him, if he is right for me, then he will always be there, thnx again, my life Was going fine, until this stuff that threw me for a loop.
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, from this it does not sound like you are listening to JenHS who just gave you the best advice. With men and women, and your strong feelings there's really no inbetween.

As far as real book recommendations, try "He's Just Not That Into You", while it was a pop culture phenom its actually one of the best break up reads ever.

My adivce to you is to use this time to learn about yourself and since exercise / training is when you feel best, THROW YOURSELF INTO THAT. don't stay home and mope and wait for a call.

BTW, this should also lead to extreme weight loss, which will make you look great and right about the time you are over him, you will be looking pretty hot.

O, finally, THIS GUY SOUNDS MARRIED or in a relationship with someone else!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [wickedcheezit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
am I going un-glued? I think about this person 24/7, cry about him thru-out the day, I am riding an emotional roller coaster while he is just going about his normal business, the only escape that I get is when I am working and when I am exercising. I am to see him this weekend, and I know I am going to be counting down the minutes until then, I fret when he does not call, I fret after he calls. I think because of knowing him, I have changed mostly for the better, I feel awake, alive, and I can't go back to what it was like before.

One of my law firm partners was recently divorced. He is 42 years old and has been dating up a storm the last 6 months. He has more than once lamented to me that he knows he will never have the passionate love he had for his first wife when they were both 22 years old.

The only reason I mention this is because I think it becomes increasingly harder to have the head over heels love you are describing as you age into your 30s and beyond. I don't know how old you are and you might get your heart broken, but my advice is to appreciate being able to love someone with such passion. That ability will most likely fade as you get older.
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [MPB1950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. He is not extraordinary or anything, it's just that he was the right person at the right time in the right place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, so not so much Mr. Right, but Mr. Right Now.

I agree that every female age 12 and up should have to read He's Just Not That Into You. Sage and sound advice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thank you. He is not extraordinary or anything, it's just that he was the right person at the right time in the right place.

Carpe Diem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need some Allison Armstrong in your life, girl. See http://understandmen.com/.

Her understanding and explanation of the complex relationships between men and women have rocked my world. She will tell you to run like HELL away from this man, and she has a very good reason why....

Do yourself an amazing favor, and treat yourself to one of her workshops or programs on CD. After listening to her? Your life will have TRULY changed for the better and you will never go back to what your life is right now.

MirZ

Triathlon Lifestyle Expert and Licensed Sports Nutritionist

Get your FREE training blueprints at http://www.triathlonexperts.com
Quote Reply
Re: another unquieted mind [MirZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I am reading Steve Harvey's "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Men", pretty good book too.
Quote Reply