Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can you gals chick your guy? [kylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nope... he beats me in all three sports and the transitions! But is always there to cheer for me at the end, and is usually just as proud of (or more proud of) my races than his own. And I'm getting closer.

Ditto this!! I can gauge my training/racing with his reactions on the course. If I get a "WOW, you're having a GREAT RACE!" I know I'm doing well even if I feel like crap. Or during a SAG ride, if he says "Great riding! I've only been at this rest stop for 5 minutes!!!" I know I'm biking well.

I do get excited when I beat him on kick sets in the pool. Too bad I'm wearing fins and he's not.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you gals chick your guy? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim, usually. If we're both in shape, we're pretty close. Otherwise, I'm a bit faster naturally.

Bike, not really. If I am in really good shape, and he is out of shape, I can outride him for a 40k TT by a scosh.

Run, no. He did the TC 10 mile without running for a couple months (and not much running before that) and is a 6:00 kind of guy.

I'd say overall, although we are both pretty decent natural athletes, I'm a better female athlete than he is a male. But in direct comparison, males are going to be better than females. It's just biology.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No- he's a former age group world champion at Kona. Even with an arthritic hip, he still throws it down in his age group.

Quote Reply
Re: Can you gals chick your guy? [jen-g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He can outswim me in his sleep. On the bike--I am probably faster than him over a longer course (he can gut it out on a short race). Running ditto--he can gut it out for a 5K but I am usually faster than him on a longer race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I shouldn't, but I do.

I'm a faster swimmer, no doubt.

He's a better cyclist in training (although not so much that we can't train together), but I seem to manage the races better and often come out ahead.

Again, he's a much faster runner than I am in the short distances, but he's more likely to collapse at the end of a tri. So this can be a toss-up.

All in, I take the swim, he narrowly takes everything else, but I actually take most of the overall races :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next