Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we dont have a lunchroom...though there is a place I could go....and I am thinking much like eating in front of the TV, I am going to start not eating in front of the computer...this will be good in so many ways--avoid comments, enjoy a real break, end mindless eating, won't be able to be tempted by office treats...I think this a good idea. Starting Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I eat my lunch in front of my computer every day at work and it's depressing... We have a lunch room, but I never use it. Just not social enough at work I guess... but I don't have to worry about bothering others (in an office) only about fruit flies ;-)

Let me know how your "experiment" goes.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha well right now I am eating a cookie! I start Monday. I think it will be good to force myself out of this hole sometimes...also getting some major neck issues. Also will keep from the snacking...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i make things.

TEAM GREEN
SWIM - CYCLE - RUN - VEGAN

Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [Ted Trendy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow did you make that?

I'm no RC10 but will you marry me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wow did you make that?

I'm no RC10 but will you marry me?

im a chef...so yeah, but sushi isnt hard once you do it a few times, although it is labor intensive.

TEAM GREEN

Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [Ted Trendy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week the OA mentioned there was cake in the conference room. I walked into the conference room, realized it was sheet cake, instead of the OAs delicious homemade cake. When I said I was not interested in it then, the two guys in line in front of me looked at me like there was something wrong and commented about me passing up food. Just because I eat frequently, doesn't mean I will eat anything :-p

Btw, It should be illegal to make popcorn in office buildings.
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [chicklamino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Say nothing, just bring a durian for lunch tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Btw, It should be illegal to make popcorn in office buildings.

In my off hours, I'm a licensed massage therapist. In most therapy offices/clinics, popcorn is STRICTLY not allowed, especially in the microwave. The smell is impossible to get rid of, and it makes many people sick to their stomachs.

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [Hounddog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting. I like the smell of popcorn!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It IS illegal-in my office. It was one of the first things a new hire is told. Immediate dismissal. One time the fire alarm was set off and everyone had to evacuate, and part of the building is occupied by traders, so they lost a lot of $.
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
A.) Yes, you are being too sensitive if it bothers you.
B.) I'd laugh and tell her you've already been up since 5 and done xx so for you, this is lunch! That should shut her up.

C) Offer her a bite with a sincere look on your face, followed by "Come on, it's delicious! You don't know what you're missing!"

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to get a lot of comments about food at work too :(
It sort of bothers me, because it always implies that I'm being unhealthy for eating so much, no self control etc. I eat healthy food, and I don't actually eat alot, but I have my fruit at morning tea and my yoghurt in the arvo with a small lunch, unlike my coworkers who all sit down for a 1 hour lunch so they can fit in their 5 course meal!!

Really.... just ignore it :) Easier said than done... I like to just say the mean things in my head!

I'm guessing most people here get the: "you don't need to eat salad, you're so thin" line! Uh- yes. I am, because I am eating salad instead of fried potato cakes!!!
Last edited by: ebanana: Sep 29, 10 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to chime in that I also get tons of comments on my food choices because I'm both vegetarian and gluten free. I have one co-worker in particular who makes comments left and right about how tofu is disgusting and "not normal" and so on. She is an older lady who is not joking at all. Some of the younger people rib me about never eating all of the extra pastries and cookies we have leftover from meetings, but this one is actually disgusted by the fact that I eat tofu.

Just today she is booking me an airline ticket and comments that my layover will be 3 hours... I will have time to get lunch yay... except I probably won't find an airport restaurant that serves that horrible tofu. Come on, lady.
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just wanted to chime in that I also get tons of comments on my food choices because I'm both vegetarian and gluten free. I have one co-worker in particular who makes comments left and right about how tofu is disgusting and "not normal" and so on. She is an older lady who is not joking at all. Some of the younger people rib me about never eating all of the extra pastries and cookies we have leftover from meetings, but this one is actually disgusted by the fact that I eat tofu.

<---- vegan

so i feel your pain on uninformed people and immature comments.

TEAM GREEN

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try this one on her: "Yea I eat this so I don't turn into a fat ass. You should give it a try."

Methinks you won't hear from her again.
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [NoTam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yummy is yummy and doesn't look at the clock.

A lot of people eat cereals as a snack at all hours of the night...

I eat all kinds of stuff at all times. If I wanted sushi in the morning I wouldn't think twice about it.

And the popcorn in offices thing, I question the offensiveness of the normal smell, but HOLY MOLY the stench if someone sets the timer too long and burns it! I think that is the big reason it is banned in many places, its just too easy for someone to fill the place with smoke. P-U.

-eric
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [faded_memories] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on a person's digestive system. I'm wired in such a way that I almost always feel sick to my stomach if I ask it to digest anything more than simple carbs and a wee bit of dairy fat (ie. very thin layer of cream cheese on half a bagel) before 11:00am.

As much as I love sushi, I so couldn't eat it for breakfast without feeling awful for the next four hours/lunch time.

But my food hang-ups are my own problem and I would never comment unprompted on someone else's eating patterns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a lady comment one day at the deli on a sandwich I was ordering, I tend to put no veggies in the sandwich and eat a salad on the side. When I finished placing the sandwich order she looked at me and said "you are going to die eating like that" This was the Monday after the Carlsbad 5000 so I turned to her and asked what she had done Sunday at 6am - she looked puzzled and I stated that I was on the start line for a 5K and I felt that I could eat how I wished, bug off. She was about 5ft and 200 lbs and ordering a large sandwich with extra mayo along with a large bag of chips.

The cashier laughed told me she had it coming - she is always in there making rude comments on what people eat.
Quote Reply
Re: too senstive about comments about my food? [faded_memories] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And the popcorn in offices thing, I question the offensiveness of the normal smell

really? the "normal" smell of it makes me retch - purely chemical crap. unfortunately, our receptionist makes it from time to time, and the kitchen is right next to my office..

cheers!

-mistress k

Prev Next