Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

gym bag nice enough to carry to work?
Quote | Reply
Hi
I am looking for a nice gym bag, or something big enough for all my stuff and also can be used as a purse...without it looking like a gym bag..any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: gym bag nice enough to carry to work? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lululemon! Their Fast in Flight or standard bag (I forgot the exact name), in black, is what I carry. Imho, it can totally double for work.

But keep in mind, my 'work' watch is a timex ironman and I have been know to wear tevas (in black, cuz that's dressier) to work. And yes, I work in an office. So take my advice at your own risk :)
Quote Reply
Re: gym bag nice enough to carry to work? [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks great! thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a Timbuktu bag as a purse (size small) but their larger (size M or L) would be great for a gym bag. I will also say that most people at my work know me as crazy triathlon girl, so I can get away with more athletic looking stuff (and apparel).
Quote Reply
Re: gym bag nice enough to carry to work? [trigeek5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will check that out too
yes, I also lean more towards sporty rather than professional looking at work, but looking for something I put everything in...I feel like such a bag lady with a bunch of bags and its a pain to carry them around
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understandable, I carry my purse (Timbuktu small bag) and a backpack to work (Northface Borealis). I'm not sure why I bring the backpack, I guess out of habit. It comes in handy if I need to bring my work computer home, which is rare now. My work computer is a monster (17" at least) and my backpack fits it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also check out Sherpani bags. Similar to timbuktu but a little cuter.
Quote Reply
Re: gym bag nice enough to carry to work? [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Lululemon! Their Fast in Flight

Yup, I was just going to suggest this one too. Saw it on Saturday in the store and I want one!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O'Neill (yes, the surf company) makes these beautiful large messenger-style bags that seem slim and are easy to carry but FIT A TON (I can fit laptop, books, workout gear, shoes, etc.). Also they are weather-resistant so no worries if they get a bit damp, outside or inside. Compartments and light padding.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timbuk 2 tote bag!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Sherpani bags. They look professional. You can fit much more stuff into it, so it can be used as gym bag too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Lululemon Still Groovy bag and I completely love it. enough room for my laptop or ipad and gym cloths while still looks nice enough to use as a purse.. http://shop.lululemon.com/...amp;catId=women-bags
Quote Reply