Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It's official, I'm retired
Quote | Reply
I did it. I sold my bike. I haven't been on her since I did Ironman CdA in 2008 but had a hard time letter her go. I found a new home for her today. I was only hanging on to her because she is beautiful, not because I had any plans to race triathlons again any time soon.

That means I'm officially retired from triathlon. I donated my old bike to a blind triathlete who needed one for her living room trainer. All I have left is a 15 year old mountain bike that's been in the shed for 10 years.

I have morphed into an ultra runner, transition complete.

Am I allowed to be here without a bike in my stable?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: It's official, I'm retired [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, I love hearing about ultra running stuff. It fascinates me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good for you! I always thought bikes should be ridden, not trophies or dust collectors.

Glad you kept the mtb- you never know when you want a little cross training, two wheel therapy or a commuter.

I think I will be following in your footsteps soon...I have no desire to ever do a triathlon again after last summer, and I've done two 50ks since then. Now I've got this idea stuck it my head to do a 50miler and I can't seem to let it go... any good ideal for a first one? (Not like any of them are easy!). I'm in CA, but willing to travel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your input is always appreciated!

I'm hoping not to go in a different direction - if I don't get the pain in my feet solved (rroof, I may be visiting you for professional services soon ), my running is limited until the neuromas calm down.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do a lot more ultrarunning than tris and love my road bike to get in extra training without the pounding, or to do a recovery spin, or just to get around without a car. I could not imagine getting rid of my road bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No running for me, so I haven't done a tri since 2008.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: It's official, I'm retired [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly don't even miss it. I do volunteer at a couple a year to support the local scene and friends but otherwise I'm totally cool with not racing.

I have bigger fish to fry right now.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm almost exclusively mountain biking now, with a little cyclocross thrown in.

I have 2 mountain bikes and there are 2 more that I NEED. Not even counting the ones I want. My poor cross bke is out numbered by the big tires.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good use for it - very kind of you.

You can post if you still have a swimsuit ;-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: It's official, I'm retired [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike I donated was my old Bianchi that got me through 2 Ironmans and was well loved. It had been retired since I got the Diva. The woman I gave it to was able to get a lot of use out of it.

The Diva was sold for the equivalent of a mortgage payment. Since neither I nor my husband have jobs it was time to cut the cord.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A nice thing to do regardless.

Is your husband driving you nuts since you're both at home?!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a new phase in your life....different challenges.
Perhaps I will see you at Javelina as I am crewing for a few friends.
Ultras are pretty interesting and low equipment wise.
Quote Reply