Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Probiotics?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience using probiotic supplements? Any brand recommendations? Anything to watch out for? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Probiotics? [emclark21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my wife is a nutritionist. Her golden rule is that if it does not come refrigerated or does not need refrigeration, its not worth the money you spend on it. Her preferred brand is Metagenics.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like the other post said, if it is not refrigerated it's not worth it. Look for a high guaranteed count and types of strains in the formula. I use Klaire brand probiotics regularly but also use some other supplements from Metagenics. Top quality line of products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to Central America a few months ago on work/vacation and tried a new (new to me) brand that did not require refrigeration so that I could travel with them. It was Enzymatic and they worked very well for me. I did not get sick (at all) and my digestion was actually better than before I left. I believe this company has a pretty good formulation that allows for no refrigeration. I have not switched back to my old refrigerated brand since--FYI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use align and they work for me and do not need to be refrigerated. I was having bloating issues, and went to a doctor that specializes in stomach and colon issues and he recommended that brand to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------- Quote directed to me..."You don't have to do an ironman to prove your life is worth living..."
Quote Reply
Re: Probiotics? [LoriT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if the chocolate bars that supposedly have probiotics are any good (as far as the probiotic part. They taste good). Does anyone know? I've seen them in the health food section of the grocery store, usually with the soymilk and soy cheese and rice milk etc. I can't think of the brand.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Probiotics? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Attune - that's it.

http://www.attunefoods.com/chocolate-wellness-bar/

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried many different brands over the years and was prescribed Ortho Biotics from my TCM. Since taking them I have not changed back. They are expensive but worth the cost.

http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/...60-p-probiotics.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The world is being hyped probiotics - not a bad thing, but there's a bit more to the story. It's important to understand the current balance of your gut flora before dumping beneficial bacteria into it. Some of the clients that I've worked with actually have so many "bad" bugs that if they are not killed off first (the bacteria, not the client :-), putting good bugs in their bellies does nothing. The bad guys are proliferating at such a fast rate that they simply keep killing the good guys. I know. It happened to me.

So before downing probiotics willy nilly, if you are struggling with any bloating, gas, pain or discomfort be sure to rule out parasites, C Diff, H Pylori and other nasy critters (a licensed nutritionist or ND can do this for you). If you are feeling no pain, then by all means take a high quality probiotic - Metagenics is fine, but also Designs for Health, Pure Encapsulations, Standard Process or any other professional grade product are exceptional options.

MirZ

Triathlon Lifestyle Expert and Licensed Sports Nutritionist

Get your FREE training blueprints at http://www.triathlonexperts.com
Quote Reply