Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HRM Shopping
Quote | Reply
I am in the market for a new heart rate monitor and am looking for recommendations. I'm pretty small -- small figure, small bones, short, the works. Everything just seems so HUGE - even the HRM straps are too big (I pretty much always have to put the ends and strap under my bra, or it will definitely fall down, even before I start working out).

So, what's the smallest thing out there? I don't need bells and whistles with it, but I definitely wouldn't mind them either. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: HRM Shopping [redmeeple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Small person to small person (note my screen name), I have always tucked my HRM strap under my bra to hold it up.

If you ever train in a health-club setting, i.e. indoor treadmill, spin bike, etc., Polar is the industry standard. In other words, every cardio machine at the large chains (24 Hour, Life Time, Golds, LA fitness) will ONLY work on Polar technology. Garmin, Timex, Suunto, and Sport Link will not synch and read out on the screen in front of you.

If you are lucky enough to be outdoors year-round for training, get whatever you like.

Order the XXS-S strap to go along with whatever watch you choose and I guarantee it will fit.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: HRM Shopping [redmeeple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my timex race trainer (the women's version - i think they call it "mid-sized") is fairly compact, and the strap is one of the smaller ones i've seen - also has a fair bit of adjustment to it to fit smaller ribcages.

http://www.timex.ca/...18-P223C162.aspx?l=e

i've been using it for about 2 months so far, and i'm very happy with it (despite the fruity colours).

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I'm quite small and I use a Suunto. I really like it.
Quote Reply
Re: HRM Shopping [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Sigma PC-15 reads on the machines at Gold's.
I have to say that I have maxed out the snugness on my strap and may have to do a bit of cutting/sewing modification.
Anyone ever do this to their strap? Suggestions on how to make the modifications?
T
Quote Reply
Re: HRM Shopping [Tokogirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In that case, their product is probably rebranded Polar technology.

Nike HRM's are actually made by Polar, as well, and the swoosh is added instead of the manufacturer's logo.

If the strap completely detaches from the radio transmitter, then you may order another, smaller strap online.

The problem comes in that Nike's rubber grommets, which attach their strap to the transmitter, aren't the same as the Polar strap.

I imagine that the Sigma replacement straps are similar, in that you have to buy their model and no other will work.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply