Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon or Ti Seatposts - Seeking suggestions
Quote | Reply
I have read the reviews at roadbikereview.com and would really appreciate any suggestion from the group regarding carbon and Ti seatposts.

I weigh about 210 and ride an old Cannodale. Are there any post that you would particularly suggest or I look into r stay away from?

THANKS. DavidK
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Ti Seatposts - Seeking suggestions [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My road bike is a Schwinn Fastback, and has a sloping top tube. This frame requires a longer post than a traditional frame. I think it's 350 mm vice 250 mm, or something like that (more chance of failure at the seat post). I am 6'2" tall and about 202 lbs. I chose a Ti seat post over a carbon seat post because Ti generally doesn't fail "catastrophically". The thought of a fractured carbon fiber enema just doesn't appeal to me. www.bikeparts.net used to have them for $50.00 to $75.00, but now I just noticed that the only Ti seat posts they have is the "kicked" forward model. They have several carbon posts. Lots of other major and custom titaniam vendors sell Ti seat posts, but you'll pay. Hope this helps.

Anyone else know of a price point Ti seat post?

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Ti Seatposts - Seeking suggestions [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ti post, the american classic.

carbon, easton.

both strong, light, costly ( two out of three ain't bad) put them on, enjoy, and forget about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Ti Seatposts - Seeking suggestions [Joel Smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.chucksbikes i got one from him around $35.00 the type of head made it hard to get the seat mounted but it worked fine for me at 6foot 4 inch 220lbs i replaced it with Thompson,nothing wrong with it but the frame i have has a seat post fairing and it flexed and caused rubbing,but without the fairing it worked great
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon or Ti Seatposts - Seeking suggestions [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all who replied.

I checked Chucks and e-mailed him. He actually sugggested the carbon post he carries as it has a two bold binder instead of a one bold binder system.

I am leaning towards getting the Ti from Chuck's anyways due to the price.

DavidK
Quote Reply