Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by jmg1848
Re: Hotelts closer to Eagleman start [jmg1848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also staying in Salisbury, and unfortunately no one closer has available rooms this close to Saturday. The only option hotel-wise, would be to contact the sponsor hotel, Hyatt. But there is a 2 night minimum stay and even at the race discount it is $165 per night. That is if they have any special rate rooms left.

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just cancelled a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Easton. I think it's a little closer than Salisbury.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are several bed & breakfasts to stay (Cambridge and Easton) but I'm unsure if there are a 2 night minimum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The area is pretty booked up due to the activity level. There are some hotels in Easton which is 12 miles from the venue and pretty convenient. There are also some no-name hotels in the area that might not be in the directories, etc. available to folks from out of town. I am away on business and will be flying home later tonight. Send me an email with your preferences, price range and I will give some of the local hotel/motel places a call in the morning - stevelantz@dmv.com. If you want a place with no frills there might be something available.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Hotelts closer to Eagleman start [Chubby Hubby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to consider getting $40 tent, $30 sleeping bag, and $20 pad from Walmart and camping at the Chambridge High School. In the past we've had allot of problems with accomidations in that area. And that has worked out just fine. People are considerate and go to sleep early in anticipation of the race so its nice and quite and you get good fresh air too.

Have a fun safe race and Good Luck to all the athletes,

Tom and Marcee

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply