Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

August 9: How was your week?
Quote | Reply
I did terribly. I got my six runs in (48.8 miles) and had some really fast ones. I rode once (55 min), did one yoga class (which I LOVED - 50 min), lifted 3 times, and swam once (1200 yds). The goal to not eat dessert: didn't happen. My eating disorder is kicking my a$$ and every other part of my body. Goal for this week - no, TODAY - is to reach out in "real life" to a friend at camp who knows about it and can probably be helpful.

training goals: 6 runs, 3 swims, 3 rides --- even if the swims and rides are short - I want to get back to a bit more triathlon. Lifting (it's specific hip and shoulder stuff) 3x.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: August 9: How was your week? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, tc, sounds like you actually had a good week - nothing in what you wrote screams "terrible".... stop being so hard on yourself. Running 6x week is a lot for anyone (besides Geb maybe haha). Maybe you should dial your weekly goals back i.e.: drop one run a week, drop 1 swim a week and drop 1 ride a week (5/2/2) instead. Actually give yourself a chance to hit the goals right?

last week's goals:
"- 3x runs (40min easy; 50min with strides; 35easy)
- 1x ride (1hr)
- 1 OW swim
- if I'm *lucky* I'll get to race OLY this weekend at Sooke; If differently-lucky; hang with K and the dawg at home. We'll see."

Got in the runs and the ride but not the swim. Raced the OLY at Sooke and managed 3rd - yay! Swim felt OK but was slow compared to the field. The Bike course was incredibly difficult, quite technical with some crazy climbs and descents. But it was also the kind of course I like ;-) hee hee! Beautiful course overall, really picturesque.

This weeks goals:
- Relax ;-)
- 3 easy runs
- 1 swim
- 1 ride

Ap

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Masters State Championships (velodrome) over the weekend.

4 races = 2 silver, 1 bronze, 1 fourth

But....time goals not met so not a successful weekend. Lots of work to do before nationals and a hell of a lot of work to do by Worlds in October.

Goal this week: Excellent nutrition and rest and recovery. I'm pretty wiped today.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

swim: 3 swims, maybe 1 OWS? - fail. 2 swims only, 1 of which was OWS...but only 15mins.
bike: 4 rides, 1 long on the weekend - EPIC FAIL. 0 rides. zip. nada.
run: 3 runs, maybe 10k for the longest - win!
core: try to get in a couple - fail.

while the week kind of looks like an epic fail, it didn't feel like one. i decided to say "the hell with it" on the weekend, and did some stuff just for the sheer hell of it. i got in my first paddling of the year (which is pretty sad considering summer is drawing to a close), and yesterday did some rollerblading for the first time in a decade. i still have one race left in september (oly), but
i sincerely doubt i'll arrive at the finish line thinking "i wish i hadn't spent that really enjoyable weekend with my husband just before our 7th anniversary". i still know how to swim, the bike is mostly flat, and i don't think i'll forget how to run!

this week:

swim x 3
bike x 3
run x 3

and i'll leave it at that.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Good for you - doesn't sound like a fail at all - nice work to keep balance! ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I did terribly. I got my six runs in (48.8 miles) and had some really fast ones.

I'm with AndyPants. You are my run-hero, just so you know. :)

My week was kinda like Mistress K's - did not get all my goals done, but I still felt really good about it. The stuff I skipped was because I made a conscious choice to skip it, and I know it was the best choice for my health and training, not just because I was feeling lazy or got busy. :)

Swim: 1 pool, 1 ow -- did 2 OW
Bike: 2 medium, 1 long -- skipped the long ride - I bonked hard on a 60 miler the day before (turned into only 30), and I knew that I was behind on calories from my hospital stay at the beginning of the week, and wouldn't have the energy to do the long run if I did the long ride. My riding is already my strongest, so buh-bye, and no bad feelings about it either!
Run: 2 medium, 1 looooong (21 miler, biggest one in the plan, MUST get this done even if everything else gets skipped!) - done and DONE!! Oh, and I ached afterward too, but I sat around all afternoon Sat eating (instead of riding) and had A TON of energy
on Sunday for the run, so I'm super happy about that choice. Haha, I just read this today over in the main forum, and it was so true for me: "I have paced a few 1/2 's and you are bang on about the 16 mile mark. Everytime there is a group with me and somewhere between 15 and 16 the implosion occurs. Doesn't seem to matter what pace it is but 3/4 the distance 1/2 the work kicks in and the wheels fall off the cart." Yep, right after 16 is when my legs started aching.

This week:
Swim: 2 pool, 1 OW (I'd like to do 2 miles for the OW, we'll see)
Bike: 4 medium
Ride: 3 medium, 1 long-ish (ha, nothing seems long after this week!)
Last big volume week before peak and intensity work, and then taper soon.... I'm starting to get excited!

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: August 9: How was your week? [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally watched "Alice in Wonderland" this weekend and heard her say the quote in your sig line!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly, I STILL have not seen it myself. But it is in my netflix queue! Was it good, did you like it?

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: August 9: How was your week? [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was okay. I am not terribly interested in fantasy aside from Harry Potter and the Hunger Games trilogy, but I think if you like fantasy it would be quite your cup of Mad Hatter tea.

Jonny Depp is practically unrecognizable! Too much makeup!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was taper week for me before my last Oly of the season so it was finally easy to hit all the workouts.

The race at Bangs Lake went really well. I cut 7 minutes off my swim and another 7 mins off my bike from the last time I did the race in 2008. I gave back 2 minutes on the run but it was a different and hillier course than a couple of years ago. All in all, I finished 11 minutes faster. I'm happy to end the season on this race since I had a terrible run at St. Anthony's way back in April.

I'm looking forward to swimming and riding because I enjoy it not just because I have a race coming up. I know I should keep running but it's something I just don't like doing very much and especially not during summer outside. Probably just wait until fall when it gets cooler out.
Quote Reply
Re: August 9: How was your week? [SynchSkater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could try to do some short runs - just 10-15 minutes.
Congrats on the time improvements!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work!

-----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
from someone who recently took 8 days off running after my "A" race of the year - take tigerchik's advice!

my first run after the sabbatical was sheer hell. it took until last night (5th run since re-starting, 9 days after getting back to it; total of 35km/22miles) before i could finally run EASY...as in not wheezing and feeling like i was going to die.

my first words to my husband upon coming home after that first run - "I SHOULD NEVER TAKE TIME OFF RUNNING!"

had the same experience in the middle of winter, re-starting from scratch after taking almost 2 months off for a nagging injury. therefore, i can pretty confidently say it had nothing to do with summer heat & humidity.

10-30mins x 3 per week should at least keep you in the game.

cheers!

-mistress k