Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

kestrel talon
Quote | Reply
I keep reading, here and elsewhere, about the Kestrel Talon being used as a tri bike. The specs show that the seat

angle is shallow, like the EMS. What makes this bike different from other road bikes, like the EMS, that simply have

tri setups?
Quote Reply
Re: kestrel talon [johnh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. First of all the talon comes with the aero carbon seatpost that can be flipped around for a more forward position and it has more aero tubing than the EMS (not to mention cheaper.) But I also believe the headtube is smaller to allow for a lower aero position. Pretty much, the EMS is kinda out dated compared to the talon.

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: kestrel talon [johnh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Talon is a similar concept to the Cervelo Dual/Soloist. It has a two position seat-post, if you get that one. In the rear position, the seat angle is about 73.5 degrees. In the front position, it is about 76 degrees I believe. It has slightly more aero looking tubing than the 300ems. The talon comes with a two position seatpost, and it comes with an insert that allows the use of a normal round 27.2 seatpost. So, there really is no real difference other than the 2 position aero post (imo).

The 300ems (or 200sci if they still make it) is a road bike with a 73.5-74 degree seat tube. I currently ride a 200sci with the seatpost turned around, so it is about like a 76 degree bike. I have no problems with handling or anything--rode it on Memorial Day at the Capitol of Texas triathlon over 4x10k with 3 180 degree turns and 5 90 degree turns every lap without a problem.

New this year is a Talon SL which, I believe, uses EMS type tubing. Any way you slice it, they are great bikes in my opinion.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply