Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TENDER FEET
Quote | Reply
Last weekend, I did a Sprint Tri where the transition area was in an old, weathered blacktop parking lot. All the gravel in the blacktop was exposed well above the remaining surface. While all the others in my wave were sprinting through T1, I was walking gingerly like I was on hot coals. My feet are very tender. Being a diabetic, I have always been told never to go barefoot, therefore, I do not have the thick, calloused layer of dead skin on my soles like many people do. Any suggestions on toughening up feet, or am I just being a wuss?
Quote Reply
I don't know if this will work.. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but maybe you could coat the bottom of your feet with that liquid bandaid stuff. Being diabetic, it would be hard to toughen up your feet without risking scrapes and cuts. You might want to try those mesh footies, but they might slow you down in the swim. A post to other diabetics might give you a better response.

Good Luck!

Colleen
Quote Reply
Re: I don't know if this will work.. [Colleen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a gentleman at Wildflower run over to the side of the swim exit and put on a pair of water mocs (there are many good ones out now, made primarily for adventure racers and the like. I use a pair to cover my feet while walking around transition before the race begins) Anyway, he seemed to be very happy doing the long cement run from swim exit to transition at Wildflower and it only cost him a few seconds to slip them on. Go to a store that sells hiking boots, trail shoes, etc. and I'm sure you'll find a workable solution.

Good luck!

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply