Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stupid Wreck at Blue Lake, OR Sprint
Quote | Reply
On Saturday I did the Blue Lake Sprint Tri in Portland, Oregon. As I was coming up on the bike turn around point I passed a guy changing out a flat tire... 60 seconds later after turning around and heading back I see him lying on the ground. Apparently another rider who was not paying attention plowed into him as he was kneeling on the ground fixing his flat. It scares me to know that there are people who pay so little attention to what they are doing on the bike that they can hit someone who was clearly out of the way of the bike traffic. So next time you find yourself fixing a flat make sure you keep aware of idiots like this guy. I am not sure how bad it was but the ambulance passed me about 3 minutes later...
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid Wreck at Blue Lake, OR Sprint [MultiSport PDX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO - if there was an idiot is was the guy that was changing his tire in the road. Why on earth would you sit where another person racing MAY hit you? Why not get off the damn road?

I bet out there someone has posted "Idiot changing tire in road causes crash"

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two things
always be aware of oncoming racers and secondly get off the pavement to fix your flat. I flatted in my last race and I made damn sure I was off on the dirt shoulder out of the way before fixing it just for that reason

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should still be aware of what's coming up in front of you.

I was up in Bellingham for the ITU race this weekend and a spectator on a bike decided to cut right in front of the motorcyle cop providing traffic control. Pretty wicked to see a motorcyle upside down ontop of a road bike. Guy was ok but I think he learned a valuable lesson to watch what is going on around you.
Quote Reply