Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week - August 2
Quote | Reply
My goals were at least one ride (done - did 2), 6 runs (done), 3 swims (did 1).

s: 1200 y
b: 1h23
r: 54.45 mi
other - 45 min yoga, 7 miles walking

goals for this week: 2 rides (at least), 2 swims, 6 runs. And no evening desserts.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - August 2 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week was absolutely great for me, up until Sun afternoon. Rocked Steelhead (5:41:36 if you didn't see the other thread), got in all my workouts. But all good things must come to an end, so I came down with some crazy gastro bug Sunday evening, ended up in the ER at midnight for CAT scans and morphine, ruled out appendicitis (thank God, I didn't want to have to recover from surgery!), and have been sleeping/dashing to the bathroom/popping meds all day since. Meaning I missed my last long run for the week, but I ALMOST made all my goals this week!

I have another big week coming up, but I'm not sure how long this will take to get over, so I'll be conservative in my goals:

Swim: 1 pool, 1 ow
Bike: 2 medium, 1 long
Run: 2 medium, 1 looooong (21 miler, biggest one in the plan, MUST get this done even if everything else gets skipped!)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - August 2 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on Steelhead FeltLikeTriing!!!!!

And I hope you are doing okay....that is scary.

Last week: I think I ran 3X which I was actually really happy with. I probably should have gone to the hospital but we managed to get through bit by bit at a time. My psych is away and no coverage other than going to the hospital, and I didn't want to leave my bf and the animals. I am improving now though. We are pretty sure that all this is nothing to do with my anxiety medication but that it can be traced from June when I switched my anti-psychotic from instant release to extended release. Anyways.

This week: I am hoping I'll be well enough to run 4-5 times, and OWS a few times - I'll be going through Michigan (Lower/Upper Peninsula I think) to Ontario and am hoping to be swimming on the trip. Bringing my wetsuit!

Sad news: We decided last week that because I haven't been stable enough to train properly (I haven't ridden the bike since early June when I did the Ride to Conquer Cancer; swimming has been spotty as a nice way of putting it) that I pulled out of the 70.3 I was training (so to speak) for. We are hoping I'll be well enough to do a sprint at the start of September. I am really hoping this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:

"- get used to the dog, her schedule, etc. (i.e.: 2x1hr walks each day) - DONE - ridiculous amount of walking about 2+ hrs/day
- 2x runs - DONE++ - 4x runs including 1 2hr run with dawg on trails
- 2x trainer ride - 1 ride outside - double hill climb, so pretty hard.

This week:
- 3x runs (40min easy; 50min with strides; 35easy)
- 1x ride (1hr)
- 1 OW swim
- if I'm *lucky* I'll get to race OLY this weekend at Sooke; If differently-lucky; hang with K and the dawg at home. We'll see.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - August 2 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

- 2x runs - DONE++ - 4x runs including 1 2hr run with dawg on trails

I bet she loved that! Yay!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - August 2 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man did she ever! She was pooped out after that one! ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you're keeping her? Cool! How does K like having a Dawg?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard decision to make about the race but there will be others and goodness knows mental health is more important. Hang in there!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - August 2 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad it wasn't appendicitis; do you know what is going on? Take it easy if you're still ill.

With the 21 miler - marathon training or IM or HIM?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tc: She's pretty damn excited tell ya what. She got to walk her for part of last night's walk - kept saying "halt" instead of "heel" - pretty funnay. ;-)

teags: hang in there. Sometimes we have to put the race off - it happens - but I doubt a 6+hr sufferfest at a 70.3 is your idea of fun eh? (that's what my 1/2IMs turn into if I'm woefully undertrained)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a friend of mine just got a dog; he said I can take it for a walk! I don't have a dog - and don't want one - but I like the walking part of it :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks....realistically, even if I trained and wasn't sick/unstable it would still probably be a 6+ hour sufferfest. ;) But realistically it's not happening this year.

One of the other goals I have to do is put together a plan to allow me to keep training when I'm unstable. Not sure how easy it will be but I think it's important. From my episode in February/March I lost 6-8 weeks of proper training (not to say I didn't do any workouts, but they were far too sporadic and unfocused) and I haven't been training properly since this episode started in June.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Glad it wasn't appendicitis; do you know what is going on? Take it easy if you're still ill.

With the 21 miler - marathon training or IM or HIM?

Training for IM Wisconsin. (Maybe I'll see spacebabe there?) Feeling much better this morning, thankfully.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since last week's "training" was a 15min bob around in the pool at a campground, a little over 10 miles of rail trail on a rental mountain bike and a 2 mile hike (down and then back up the 1,833' of pine creek gorge), this week's goal is just to get back to some semblance of normality :)

swim: 3 swims, maybe 1 OWS?
bike: 4 rides, 1 long on the weekend
run: 3 runs, maybe 10k for the longest
core: try to get in a couple

teags, sorry to hear about you canning muskoka, but i can pretty much guarantee that it's the right choice if you haven't been getting the training in (especially hills on the bike). there's always another time, and getting yourself feeling healthy is the biggest priority!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
It sounds like you had a great time on your vacation!

Yeah, I know the Muskoka course and while I'm a strong enough biker to DO the course, it wouldn't be pretty. And I have no guarantee that I'm going to be able to start training normally anytime soon - it's just not happening this year. Right now I'm hoping for the spring at Guelph II. I am getting a partial refund of Muskoka though, which is nice.

The compulsive thoughts are starting to return though I hope that's just because we were discussing where they came from on the crazy forum and not because they're returning full on - they quieted down a lot Friday afternoon and I want to keep them that way. I don't want to have to go to the hospital. I ate a 1500 calorie lunch to keep me away from the pharmacy and eating it distracted me, though now I feel sick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Week:
2 Swims: Did four. 2 Pool 2000 yds, 1 OW 1/2 mile, 1 OW 1 mile
2 Rides: Done. 16 mi, 33 mi
2 Runs: Done. 1 speed workout, 1 long, plus the one long from the week before.

I have my last race of the season this Sunday so it's taper week. Having some tummy issues today but pushed through my Tempo run anyway before lunch. I'm still working on OW confidence so I've been doing a lot of swimming. I know I'll be fine (I've raced in open water Oly dist 3 times so far plus a couple of sprints) but it still makes me nervous. I have done this race before so it's nothing I've never seen but I really want to do better than last time.

This week
Today: Short Tempo Run, 1 Mi OW swim.
Wed: Short Brick. 60 min bike/T-Run 15 mins
Thursday: 1 Mi OW Swim
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Quicky practice to get the legs ready: 10 min swim, 20 min bike ride with short accelerations, 15 min run with short accelerations
Sunday: Bangs Lake Oly Distance Tri. As my coach says, "KICK ASS"!
Quote Reply