Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jamis vs. Felt ?
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am shopping around for my first tri bike, and I've narrowed it down to the Jamis Xenith T and the Felt B14. Currently, I ride a Trek 2.1 WSD, outfitted with aero bars. I used a fit calculator to get an idea of my "ideal fit." Basically - I'm short. Just a hair under 5'4, but I do have long legs (31.5" inseam). So, in both bikes I'd likely get an XS / 48.

In comparing the two, they have very similar components. The geometry is a little different, with the Jamis appearing a little more aggressive (but I do not know how much 1 cm means at the end of the day).

So, with all of that said, has anyone out there tried both and have an opinion of one over the other? Or, if you've just tried or have one of them, would you give me your pros/cons?

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Jamis vs. Felt ? [redmeeple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried both Felt and Jamis and bought the Jamis. Very happy with that decision. I previously had owned Cannondale and QR tri bikes, and had tried a Trek. I did replace the stock saddle (fizik Aerone Tri) with a Cobb VFlow Plus. But it's really a matter of which bike YOU feel best riding. Try them both and then decide.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Jamis vs. Felt ? [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be careful just test riding bikes. Ultimately, you'll end up liking the one that happens to be (randomly) set up closest to your ideal fit. Whereas, if they are both set up the same (to your ideal fit) before you test ride them, it'll be a much better comparison. To do this, you'll need to get a professional bike fit before you purchase (or test ride) bikes. Especially since you have long legs at 5'4" ...

I agree w/ the previous post - get a different saddle, it makes a world of difference! I have yet to like a stock saddle. I use the Selle Italia Diva saddle but have heard great things about Cobb, ISM, and SMP for triathlon specific bikes.

Good luck!
Quote Reply